
風雨無阻的募款
Jim is sharing a pack of cookies with his friend, Sid.
吉姆正在跟希德分享一包餅乾。
share(v.)分享a pack of sth.一包~a pack of rice
Jim: These cookies are delicious.
吉姆:這些餅乾真好吃。
these...這些(複數)this...這個(單數)delicious(adj.)好吃的;美味的=tasty
Sid: Yeah. Aren’t they amazing? Where did you buy these cookies?
希德:對啊,很好吃欸。你在哪裡買到這些餅乾的?
amazing(adj.)令人驚喜的;非常好的
Jim: I bought it outside an MRT station yesterday.
吉姆:我昨天在某個捷運站外買的。
buy(v.)(buy-bought-bought)買MRT station=subway station捷運站
Sid: Oh, I often see people selling handmade cookies outside MRT stations.
希德:喔,我經常看到有人在捷運站外賣手工餅乾。
sell(v.)賣;販售
Do you know why they sell cookies there?
你知道他們為什麼會在那裡賣餅乾嗎?
do you know....你知道...do you know who she is?=do you know her?
Jim: Yes, they are collecting money to help people in need.
吉姆:知道啊,他們在募款幫助有需要的人。
collect(v.)收集;募款collection(n.)收藏品help(v.)幫助in need需要幫助的...people in need=people who are in need
Sid: I wonder how many cookies they can sell in a day.
希德:我很好奇他們一天能賣出多少餅乾。
wonder(v.)好奇;想知道in a day一天內
Jim: I’m not sure, but it is definitely not an easy job. They are there every day, rain or shine.
吉姆:我不確定,但那一定不是個簡單的工作。他們每天在那裡賣餅乾欸,風雨無阻。
definitely(adv.)肯定地;毫無疑問地easy(adj.)簡單的;輕鬆的difficult(adj.)困難的(come) rain or shine風雨無阻;無論如何
Sid: It’s good to know that we’re not just eating cookies but also helping people. I’ll also get a pack of cookies from them next time.
希德:很高興知道我們不只是在吃餅乾,而且還是在幫助人。我下次也跟他們買包餅乾吧。
it is good to know that...