
反聖嬰年的寒冬
Jim and Megan are colleagues. They are chatting.
吉姆和梅根是同事。他們在聊天。
Jim: Are you okay? You don’t look well.
吉姆:你還好嗎?你臉色不太好。
Megan: I’m just cold. It’s colder than I expected.
梅根:我只是覺得好冷。比我預想的要冷上許多。
expect(v.)預期、expectation(n.)
Jim: It’s said that La Nina will come back this year. We will have a very harsh winter.
吉姆:據說今年也是反聖嬰年。會度過一個非常嚴酷的冬天。
harsh(adj.)嚴酷的、嚴厲的
Megan: Really? So, it will be colder than usual.
梅根:真的嗎?所以會比平時更冷。
usual(adj.)通常、一般的、as usual一如往常
Jim: Exactly. Be prepared.
吉姆:沒錯喔。要做好準備。
be prepared準備好
Megan: I will go buy some hand warmers at Costco after work today. I’ll stop at nothing to warm myself up.
梅根:我今天下班後去好市多買些暖暖包。我一定要不擇手段地讓身子暖和起來。
stop at nothing to do sth.不計代價warm oneself up暖起身子、warm up暖身
Jim: Too late. A lot of people are way ahead of you.
吉姆:太晚了。這些人早就想到囉。
be way ahead of sb.超前佈署、早先一步
Megan: What do you mean?
梅根:什麼意思?
Jim: They’re already sold out.
吉姆:現在暖暖包都賣到缺貨了。
be sold out賣光
Megan: No way!
梅根:不可能!