
更環保的萬聖節
Frank and Lyla are classmates. They are walking towards their homes after school.
法蘭克和萊拉是同學,放學後,他們朝著自己的家走去。
towards(prep.)朝向
Frank: Have you thought about your Halloween costume?
法蘭克:你有開始想你的萬聖節服裝了嗎?
現在完成式=have(has)+過去分詞 強調一個已經完成的事情
Lyla: I don’t have the foggiest idea.
萊拉:我完全沒有頭緒。
I don’t have the foggiest idea一無所知、毫無頭緒=I haven’t the foggiest
Frank: I am thinking about dressing up as either a zombie or Captain America.
法蘭克:我在想打扮成殭屍或美國隊長。
dress up as打扮成⋯either A or B不是A就是Bzombie(n.)殭屍
Lyla: I am interested in neither a scary dead person nor any Marvel characters.
萊拉:我對可怕的死人或漫威人物都不感興趣。
neither A nor B=不是A也不是B、兩者皆非scary(adj.)可怕的character(n.)角色、人物
Frank: Then, what brilliant ideas do you have?
法蘭克:那麼,你可有什麼高明的想法嗎?
brilliant(adj.)優秀的、出色的
Lyla: The truth is, I don’t have enough pocket money to buy fancy costumes. Maybe I’ll just carve a pumpkin lantern.
萊拉:事實上,我沒有足夠的零用錢買花俏的服裝,我可能就刻個南瓜燈籠吧。
pocket money零用錢fancy(adj.)花俏的、價格昂貴的carve(v.)雕刻,pumpkin carving雕刻南瓜lantern(n.)燈籠
Frank: If you won’t dress up, you can always dress down. Hey, I have a better idea. Let’s challenge ourselves to a creative project. Neither you nor I am going to spend a penny on our Halloween costumes.
法蘭克:如果你不能盛裝打扮,你總是可以隨便穿穿啊。嘿,我有個更好的點子,我們來挑戰自己一個創意作業,你和我都不能在萬聖節服裝上花上一毛錢。
dress up盛裝打扮,dress down隨意穿著challenge(v.)挑戰penny(n.)一分錢spend+數字 dollars on sth.在某物上花多少錢
Lyla: Now you got my attention.
萊拉:現在我可有興趣了。
attention(n.)注意力
Frank: We can only find something from our homes to make costumes.
法蘭克:我們只能從家裡找東西來做出服裝。
Lyla: I think that’s a wonderful idea. And it’s more eco-friendly.
萊拉:我覺得這是一個超棒的主意,而且更環保。
eco-friendly(adj.)環保的,eco=ecology生態