
錯過最後一班地鐵
Mina and Nick just left their friend’s home. It’s one o’clock in the morning.
米娜和尼克剛離開他們的朋友家。時間是凌晨一點。
動詞三態leave-left-left
Mina: What should we do? We missed the last subway train.
米娜:我們該怎麼辦?我們錯過了最後一班地鐵。
subway train=地鐵列車
Nick: Should we ride shared bicycles home?
尼克:我們該騎共享腳踏車回家嗎?
shared(adj.)共享的
Mina: I had a few drinks. I don’t think I can ride a bike safely.
米娜:我喝了一點酒。我不覺得我能安全地騎腳踏車。
drink(n.)飲料;酒
Nick: Then let’s hail a taxi to drive us home.
尼克:那麼我們叫計程車載我們回家吧。
drive sb home=載某人回家
Mina: But we are in the middle of nowhere. Can we get a taxi here?
米娜:但我們處在沒什麼人的地方,這裡能叫到計程車嗎?
middle(n.)中間
Nick: Sure, we can. I can hail a taxi with my smartphone.
尼克:當然可以,我可以用我的智慧型手機叫到計程車。
taxi(n.)計程車
Mina: Also, I don’t have enough cash with me.
米娜:而且,我身上沒有足夠的現金。
cash(n.)現金
Nick: We can pay with my smartphone. See?
尼克:我們可以用我的智慧型手機付費。看到了嗎?
pay with sth=以~付款
Mina: Wow, that’s so fast and easy.
米娜:哇,那真是快速又簡單。
fast(adj.)快速的easy(adj.)容易的
Nick: The taxi will be here in less than ten minutes. Let’s wait for it to pick us up.
尼克:計程車在十分鐘內就會到了,我們就等車來接我們吧。
minute(n.)分鐘wait(v.)等待