
越危險越有趣
Holly and Toby are sister and brother. Holly is using her cellphone in the living room when Toby walks in.
荷莉和托比是姐弟,荷莉在客廳用手機時,托比走了進來。
cellphone(n.)手機
Toby: What are you watching?
托比:你在看什麼?
watch(v.)觀看、注視
Holly: I am watching a video about hail. A few days ago, it hailed in Pingtung for about ten minutes. Someone took a video of it.
荷莉:我在看一個有關冰雹的錄影,幾天前,屏東下冰雹下了大約十分鐘,有人把它拍下來。
video(n.)錄影hail(v.)下冰雹take a video(photo,picture)錄影、照相
Toby: What is hail? I’ve never heard of it.
托比:什麼是冰雹?我從來沒聽過。
現在完成式,表經驗,hear-heard-heard(v.)聽到
Holly: It is like a small and hard ball of frozen rain. It often comes with a strong thunderstorm.
荷莉:它是結冰的雨,像是很小、很硬的球狀物,經常伴隨著強烈的雷雨而來。
frozen(adj.)結冰的、冷凍的thunderstorm(n.)雷雨
Toby: Let me take a look. Wow, they look like small ice cubes. I can add them to my Coke.
托比:讓我看看。哇,它們看起來像是小冰塊,我可以把它們加到我的可樂裡。
take a look看一看cube(n.)立方形的物體,ice cube冰塊
Holly: Hey, some windows were broken and some cars were damaged because of it.
荷莉:喂,因為下冰雹,有些窗戶破掉了,有些車子還受損了。
break-broke-broken(v.)打破、破掉damage-damaged-damaged(v.)損壞
Toby: Sorry. I just can’t help it.
托比:抱歉,我就是忍不住嘛。
can’t help it忍不住、無法控制
Holly: If you are hit by hail, it really hurts.
荷莉:如果你被冰雹打到,那可是很痛的。
hit-hit-hit(v.)擊中、打擊
Toby: The more you talk about how dangerous hail is, the more interested in it I am.
托比:你越說冰雹有多危險,我對它就越有興趣。
dangerous(adj.)危險的interest(v.)使感興趣,interested(adj.)感到有趣的,be interested in=對⋯感到有興趣
Holly: Ugh, give me a break. I would like you to try to walk outside in a hail storm.
荷莉:噢,饒了我吧。我倒希望你試著在冰雹中走看看。
give me a break饒了我吧
Toby: “Hail” no! I am not crazy.
托比:才不要!我又不是瘋子。
hell no表示強烈的反對或不喜歡crazy(adj.)瘋狂的