
我排行第七
Lucy just found an old family photo of Charlie’s. They are having a conversation.
露西剛發現了一張查理的老全家福,他們正在對話。
find-found-found(v.)找到conversation(n.)對話
Lucy: Wow! You are from a big family.
露西:哇,你來自一個大家庭啊!
Charlie: You bet! I grew up on a farm. We needed many people to take care of the cows, sheep and such.
查理:沒錯,我在農場長大,我們需要很多人力來照顧牛還有綿羊之類的動物。
You bet!沒錯take care of照顧cow(n.)乳牛sheep(n.)綿羊and such=and things of that kind等等之類的
Lucy: How many siblings do you have?
露西:你有幾個兄弟姐妹?
sibling(n.)手足
Charlie: Seven. I am the seventh child. I have three older sisters and three older brothers.
查理:七個,我排行第七,有三個姐姐和三個哥哥。
older sister, brother姐姐哥哥、younger sister, brother妹妹弟弟seventh序數加th、用於年級、生日、日期、樓層、前面加the、first(one 1), second(two 2), third(three 3), fourth(four 4), fifth(five 5), ninth(nine 9), twelfth(twelve 12), twentieth(twenty 20), twenty-first(twenty-one 21)
Lucy: And that must be your little brother.
露西:那位一定是你的弟弟。
must(aux.)一定是(肯定的推測)
Charlie: Yes, and the dog sitting next to him was our second one.
查理:沒錯,而在他旁邊的那隻狗是我們家養的第二隻狗。
sit(v.)坐second第二個
Lucy: What happened to the first one?
露西:第一隻怎麼了?
happen to發生
Charlie: It was lost before I was born, so we named the second one after it – Sparky.
查理:在我出生前就走失了,所以我們把第二隻取跟牠一樣的名字,亮亮。
lost(adj.)走失的、迷路的born出生name after以什麼命名spark(n.)火花
Lucy: Sparky looks as cute as your brother.
露西:亮亮跟你的弟弟一樣可愛。
look(v.)看起來as (adj.) as…和什麼一樣cute(adj.)可愛
Charlie: That’s for sure, and they liked to play with each other a lot.
查理:沒錯,他們兩個很喜歡一起玩耍。
for sure沒錯each other彼此