
缺乏園藝天分
Gary and Emily are siblings. They are chatting.
蓋瑞和艾蜜莉是兄妹。他們正在聊天。
Emily: Gary, I want to get a plant. What do you think?
艾蜜莉:蓋瑞,我想買一株植物。你覺得呢?
Gary: Well, you don’t have a green thumb.
蓋瑞:嗯,你沒有園藝天分。
green thumb園藝才能
Emily: But you do! You can teach me.
艾蜜莉:但你有!你可以教我。
Gary: Oh, it might be hard. I still remember the dead cactus.
蓋瑞:噢,可能很難。我還記得那株死掉的仙人掌。
cactus(n.)仙人掌
Emily: I want to grow a tomato plant this time. After it bears fruit, we can eat it and take out its seeds to grow another one.
艾蜜莉:我這次想種番茄。它結出果實之後,我們可以吃,然後把種子拿出來種另一株。
bear(v.)生育、結果fruit(n.)水果、果實seed(n.)種子
Gary: Alright. Please remember plants are alive, so you have to take care of them.
蓋瑞:好吧。請記得植物是活的,所以你必須照顧它們。
alive(adj.)活著的take care of sb. or sth.照顧某人或某物; look after照顧
Emily: I know. I will water it every day.
艾蜜莉:我知道。我會每天幫它澆水。
water(v.)澆水
Gary: Not every plant needs to be watered every day.
蓋瑞:不是每種植物都需要每天澆水。
Emily: How do I know?
艾蜜莉:我要怎麼知道?
Gary: We can go to the flower market and ask the seller.
蓋瑞:我們可以去花市問問賣家。
sell(v.)販賣; seller(n.)賣家buy(v.)購買; buyer(n.)買家