
90都能跑贏你!
Kevin and Jenny are chatting in a cafe. They see news about Hannah Quinlivan’s grandpa.
凱文和珍妮正在咖啡廳聊天。他們看到一則關於昆凌爺爺的新聞。
Kevin: Did you see the news? Hannah Quinlivan’s grandpa is 90 and just won gold in javelin at the World Masters Games!
凱文:你有看到新聞嗎?昆凌的爺爺已經90歲了,還在全國壯年運動會男子標槍比賽拿金牌!
win gold贏得金牌
Jenny: Yeah! He even ran the 100-meter dash and got silver. So cool!
珍妮:有啊!他還跑100公尺短跑,拿了銀牌,超酷的!
dash(n.)短跑
Kevin: I’m 35 and get tired just climbing stairs. What am I doing wrong?
凱文:我35歲了,爬個樓梯就累了,我到底哪裡錯了?
Jenny: He probably exercises every day. You only exercise your thumbs — scrolling your phone.
珍妮:他應該每天都有運動。你只鍛鍊你的拇指──滑手機而已。
probably(adv.)很可能地possibly(adv.)可能地exercise(v.)(n.)運動do/take exercise做運動regular exercise規律運動math exercise數學習題check one’s phone查看手機play with one’s phone玩手機
Kevin: Hey, I scroll really fast. That’s finger training!
凱文:喂,我滑得很快喔,這也是手指訓練!
training(n.)訓練train(v.)訓練
Jenny: Try scrolling for 50 more years. Maybe you can join a finger marathon.
珍妮:那你試著再滑50年看看,也許你能參加手指馬拉松。
marathon(n.)馬拉松
Kevin: Honestly, I should start moving more. I don’t want to sit in a wheelchair when I’m old.
凱文:說真的,我應該開始多動動。不然老了會坐輪椅的。
To be honest老實說wheelchair(n.)輪椅
Jenny: Then let’s start today. Walk to work. Half a bowl of braised pork rice for dinner?
珍妮:那我們今天開始吧。走路去上班,晚餐吃半碗滷肉飯?
braise(v.)(用文火)燉、燜
Kevin: Deal — but don’t take away my soy egg!
凱文:好啊,但滷蛋別拿走喔!
take away拿走、奪走(某物)