
即時翻譯正風行!
Lily and James are a couple. They are planning a trip.
莉莉與詹姆斯是夫妻,他們在計畫一趟旅行。
James: How about Korea? We’ve never been there.
詹姆斯:韓國如何?我們沒去過韓國。
Lily: Sounds good. But we don’t speak Korean.
莉莉:聽起來不錯,但我們不會說韓語。
speak(v.)說
James: Speaking of language, did you know that Google’s new earbuds can translate 40 languages?
詹姆斯:說到語言,你知道Google的新耳機可以翻譯40種語言嗎?
language(n.)語言earbuds(n.)耳機translate(v.)翻譯
Lily: Wow! Sounds like something from sci-fi films.
莉莉:哇!聽起來像是科幻電影的東西。
sci-fi films科幻電影
James: Yeah. The headphones, Google Pixel Buds, can live translate 40 languages. You only need to touch a button on it or speak a prompting phrase, like “help me speak Spanish.”
詹姆斯:是啊,那款耳機是Google的Pixel Buds,可以即時翻譯40種語言。你只需要按一個耳機上的按鍵,或是說出啟動句子像是「幫我翻成西班牙文」。
headphones(n.)耳機translate(v.)翻譯language(n.)語言touch(v.)觸碰button(n.)按鍵speak(v.)說prompting(n.)推動、促進phrase(n.)片語
Lily: That’s pretty useful in many situations.
莉莉:那在很多狀況下都非常實用。
useful(adj.)實用的situation(n.)狀況
James: You’re right. The earbuds will be available in November and cost $159.
詹姆斯:你說得對。這款耳機11月上市,要價159美元。
earbuds(n.)耳機available(adj.)可取得的cost(v.)要價
Lily: So pricy! That’s almost 5,000 NTD!
莉莉:好貴!那將近5,000元台幣了!
pricy(adj.)昂貴的
James: I think the price is reasonable. I’m looking forward to trying it when it hits the market!
詹姆斯:我覺得價格滿合理的,我很期待它上市的時候去試試看。
price(n.)價格reasonable(adj.)合理的look forward to期待hit the market上市