
找到新工作
Emma and Jake are friends. They are having a conversation.
艾瑪和傑克是朋友。他們正在對話。
Emma: Hi, Jake! I have some good news!
艾瑪:嗨,傑克!我有一個好消息要告訴你!
Jake: Really? What is it?
傑克:真的嗎?是什麼消息?
Emma: I got a new job at a bookstore!
艾瑪:我在書店找到新工作了!
job(n.)工作full-time job全職工作part-time job兼職工作
Jake: Wow, that’s great! What will you do there?
傑克:哇,太棒了!你在那裡做什麼工作?
Emma: I will help customers find books and put books on the shelves. I start next Monday.
艾瑪:我會幫助顧客找書,還有整理書架。我下星期一就開始工作了。
customer(n.)顧客shelf(n.)架子put sth. on a shelf把某物放到架子上take sth. off a shelf從架子上拿下某物
Jake: That sounds like a fun job! You love books.
傑克:聽起來很有趣!你喜歡書。
Emma: Yes, I do! I’m happy because I will be around books all the time.
艾瑪:是的,我很開心,因為我將會每天都與書本為伴。
be around處於某事物周圍all the time一直、總是
Jake: Do you get a discount on books?
傑克:你買書有折扣嗎?
discount(n.)折扣give a discount給予折扣
Emma: Yes, I can buy books for less money!
艾瑪:有的,我可以用比較便宜的價格買書!
less(adj.)較少的
Jake: That’s awesome! We should celebrate!
傑克:太棒了!我們應該慶祝一下!
celebrate(v.)慶祝celebrate with sb.和~慶祝
Emma: I’d like that! How about we go get a drink?
艾瑪:好啊!我們去喝一杯如何?
How about~怎麼樣?
Jake: Good idea! Let’s go!
傑克:好主意!我們走吧!