
攤位設計吹「靈堂風」
Tom and Betsy are friends. They are chatting.
湯姆和貝絲是朋友。他們正在閒聊。
Tom: Hi, Betsy, did you hear about the fair at Taipei Station last weekend?
湯姆:嗨,貝絲,你有聽說上週在台北車站的市集嗎?
fair(n.)市集vendor(n.)攤販
Betsy: Yes, I heard about it. It’s called the “Good Food Market,” right? People online were joking about the stall designs.
貝絲:有啊,我有聽說。叫做「海味市集」,對吧?網上有人開玩笑說攤位的設計很特別。
joke about sth.拿某件事開玩笑stall(n.)攤位design(n.)設計by design故意
Tom: That’s right. I saw some photos online. The design was quite unusual. Some people said it looked like a “funeral hall,” mistaking it for a Ghost Festival event or a funeral service.
湯姆:沒錯,我在網上看到一些照片。設計相當不同尋常。有些人說看起來像「靈堂」,誤以為是中元節活動或是葬禮。
online(adj.)網上的online magazine網路雜誌online(adv.)網上地unusual(adj.)不尋常的funeral(n.)葬禮mistake(v.)錯認mistake(n.)錯誤by mistake不小心
Betsy: Yeah, some even joked it seemed like a memorial event. Did you go?
貝絲:是啊,有些人甚至開玩笑說像是紀念活動。你有去嗎?
memorial(adj.)紀念性的
Tom: No, I missed it. I had other plans. Did you go?
湯姆:沒有,我錯過了。當時有其他安排。你有去嗎?
miss(v.)錯過
Betsy: Yep, I went. Despite the quirky design, it was actually fun. They had lots of seafood stalls and interesting stuff to see.
貝絲:有啊,我去了。儘管攤位看起來有點奇怪,但其實還蠻有趣的。那裡有很多海鮮攤位和有趣的東西可以看。
despite (prep.)儘管
Tom: That’s awesome! Did you buy anything?
湯姆:太棒了!你有買什麼嗎?
Betsy: Yes, I picked up some dried fish and a cute souvenir. The vibe there was really lively.
貝絲:有,我買了一些魚乾和一個可愛的紀念品。現場氣氛很熱鬧。
pick up購買、撿起、學習新技能pick sb. up接送某人=pick up sb.vibe(n.)氣氛、氛圍lively(adj.)生氣勃勃的、活躍的
Tom: Sounds like I missed out. Hopefully, they’ll have another fair soon.
湯姆:聽起來我錯過了不少。希望很快會有下一個市集。
miss out遺漏
Betsy: For sure, there’s usually something new popping up. We should check it out next time.
貝絲:肯定會的,通常都會有新的活動。下次我們一起去看看吧。
pop up突然出現check out看一看、結帳離開
Tom: Definitely! Let’s keep an eye out for the next one.
湯姆:當然!讓我們留意下一場活動的時間。
keep an eye out for sth.留意、注意