
蕭敬騰禮讓不報名
Tina and Eric are friends. They are chatting.
蒂娜和艾瑞克正在討論金曲獎。
friend(n.)朋友
Tina: Did you see the shortlist of the Golden Melody Awards this year?
蒂娜:你看過今年金曲獎的入圍名單了嗎?
shortlist(n.)入圍名單melody(n.)旋律
Eric: Sure, I did. I’m glad that Tanya Chua is nominated for “Best Female Singer.”
艾瑞克:當然。我很高興蔡健雅得到「最佳華語女歌手」的提名。
nominate(v.)提名
Tina: I love her music a lot. But I think the category for “Song of the Year” will also be a fierce game.
蒂娜:我很愛她的音樂。但我想「年度歌曲」項目競爭也會很激烈。
category(n.)類別fierce(adj.)激烈的game(n.)比賽
Eric: I have no doubt about that. Those songs are all super popular.
艾瑞克:無庸置疑。那些歌曲都非常的有人氣。
doubt(n.)懷疑popular(adj.)有人氣的
Tina: Exactly. Among the selected are WeiBird’s “Red Scarf,” the band EggPlantEgg’s “Oh Love, You Are Much Greater Than I Imagined,” and even Malaysian singer Namewee’s song “Fragile” that went viral.
蒂娜:沒錯,角逐者有韋禮安的「如果可以」、茄子蛋的「愛情你比我想的閣較偉大」、還有黃明志的爆紅歌曲「玻璃心」。
among(prep.)在~之中select(v.)選擇
Eric: I can’t wait to see who will take the prize home.
艾瑞克:我等不及要看誰能將獎項帶回家。
prize(n.)獎項
Tina: But why isn’t Jam Hsiao on the list? Didn’t he come out with an album last year?
蒂娜:但為什麼蕭敬騰不在名單上呢?他去年不是推出了一張專輯嗎?
album(n.)專輯
Eric: He didn’t sign up this year.
艾瑞克:他今年沒有報名。
sign up=報名
Tina: How come? Doesn’t he want to win the award?
蒂娜:為什麼?他難道不想得獎嗎?
動詞win的三態win-won-won
Eric: He says he wants to step aside and let other singers have the chance to win the award.
艾瑞克:他說他想要退出獎項競爭,讓其他歌手有機會獲獎。
chance(n.)機會
Tina: That’s a shame.
蒂娜:真可惜。
shame(n.)可惜
Eric: Yeah, but he has made his decision.
艾瑞克:是啊,但他已經做出了決定。
decision(n.)決定