
下雨天上班
Bruno and Candice are colleagues. Candice just got to the company.
布魯諾和坎蒂斯是同事。坎蒂斯剛抵達公司。
get to抵達company(n.)公司
Bruno: Candice! Why are your hair and clothes wet?
布魯諾:坎蒂斯!你的頭髮和衣服怎麼都濕了?
wet(adj.)濕的
Candice: I was riding a scooter, and all of a sudden it started to rain.
坎蒂斯:我騎機車然後突然開始下雨。
ride(v.)騎ride a bike騎腳踏車ride a horse騎馬scooter(n.)機車motorcycle(n.)打檔機車all of a sudden一下子、突然間
Bruno: Didn’t you have a raincoat?
布魯諾:你沒有雨衣嗎?
raincoat(n.)雨衣
Candice: I had one. It was just drizzling in the beginning, but I still got wet.
坎蒂斯:有啊。一開始只是毛毛雨而已,但我還是淋濕了。
drizzle(n.)(v.)(下)毛毛雨
Bruno: Poor you. You should take the MRT on rainy days.
布魯諾:真可憐。你下雨天應該搭捷運。
poor(adj.)可憐的、貧窮的MRT(=Mass Rapid Transit)捷運
Candice: Maybe I’ll do that next time.
坎蒂斯:或許我下次會這麼做。
Bruno: Let me get a towel for you, so you don’t catch a cold.
布魯諾:我來幫你拿條毛巾,這樣你才不會感冒。
towel(n.)毛巾catch a cold感冒
Candice: Is there a hair dryer at the office?
坎蒂斯:辦公室裡有吹風機嗎?
dry(v.)使乾燥hair dryer吹風機office(n.)辦公室
Bruno: Ruby has one. I’ll borrow it from her.
布魯諾:露比有。我去跟她借。
borrow(v.)借borrow sth. from sb. 跟某人借某物
Candice: Thank you, Bruno. That’s so nice of you.
坎蒂斯:謝謝你,布魯諾。你人真好。