
吉普車還是計程車?
Kelly and Theo are at their hotel in Kathmandu. They are planning their transportation for tomorrow.
凱莉和西奧在加德滿都的飯店。他們在規劃隔天的交通。
transportation(n.)交通工具、交通方式transport(n.)運輸、運送
Kelly: We need to be at the trailhead early tomorrow. Should we book our ride now?
凱莉:我們明天一早就要到登山起點了。要不要現在先訂交通?
book(v.)預訂
Theo: Yes, that’s a good idea. The hotel said we can choose a taxi or a jeep.
西奧:好啊,聽起來不錯。飯店說我們可以選計程車或是吉普車。
choose(v.)選擇choose to VR選擇去做
Kelly: Which one do you prefer?
凱莉:你比較想搭哪一種?
prefer A or B比較喜歡A或Bprefer to VR...rather than…比較喜歡做~而不是~
Theo: Maybe the jeep. It gives us more space for our backpacks.
西奧:我覺得吉普車可以,因為背包空間比較充足。
space(n.)空間、太空、宇宙、空格make space for…為~騰出空間
Kelly: True. And the driver can pick us up right at the hotel.
凱莉:嗯,而且司機可以直接來飯店接我們。
pick up接、載某人
Theo: Let’s book it then. I’ll ask the front desk to help.
西奧:那我們就訂吉普車吧。我去請櫃檯協助。
front desk櫃檯
Kelly: Do you think we should leave at six?
凱莉:你覺得我們六點出發好嗎?
leave for+place:出發去~leave behind留下、落下
Theo: Yes, six is good. It gives us enough time to check our gear.
西奧:好啊,六點不錯。這樣我們還有時間檢查裝備。
gear(n.)裝備、用具
Kelly: I’ll set an alarm so we don’t oversleep.
凱莉:我來設定鬧鐘,這樣我們不會睡過頭。
oversleep(v.)睡過頭sleep in晚起、睡懶覺
Theo: Great idea. I’ll pack my things tonight.
西奧:好主意。我今晚就把東西都收好。
Kelly: Okay! I feel ready for tomorrow.
凱莉:好!我覺得自己已經準備好迎接明天了。
Theo: Me too. Tomorrow will be a good day for trekking.
西奧:我也是。明天會是個適合登山的好日子。
trek(v.)長途跋涉、徒步旅行trek through+place:穿越~徒步旅行