
沒有預約,現場掛號
Susan is new in town. This is the first time that she goes to see a dentist since she moved here.
蘇珊剛搬來這個鎮。這是她搬來後第一次去看牙醫。
since自從
Susan: Hi, I’d like to have a dental cleaning.
蘇珊:嗨,我想要洗牙。
dental cleaning洗牙
Staff: Do you have an appointment?
櫃台:有預約嗎?
appointment(n.)預約=reservation、make an appointment
Susan: No, I’m a walk-in.
蘇珊:沒有,我是現場來的。
walk-in現場客人
Staff: Alright. You might need to wait a bit.
櫃台:好的!妳可能要等一下。
might(aux.)可能+RV
Susan: For how long?
蘇珊:要多久?
how long多久
Staff: Thirty minutes, give or take.
櫃台:大概要半小時。
give or take上下、大約
Susan: That’s fine. I’ll just hang around a bit.
蘇珊:好,可以。我就在附近晃晃。
hang around閒晃
Staff: Sure. May I have your health insurance card?
櫃台:好的,那麻煩妳的健保卡給我?
health insurance card健保卡
Susan: Here you go.
蘇珊:這裡。
here you go=here you are給你、這裡
Staff: Make sure to be back in around thirty minutes. You can pay then.
櫃台:那就務必半小時之後回來,那時候再付看診費就好了。
make sure to確保around(adv.)大約pay(v.)付款