
攻山頂鐵腿
Francis and Wendy are friends. They are chatting.
法蘭西斯和溫蒂是朋友。他們正在聊天。
Francis: Hi, Wendy. How was your weekend?
法蘭西斯:嗨,溫蒂。週末過得如何?
Wendy: Well, I went hiking with my friends.
溫蒂:嗯,我和朋友們去健行。
Francis: Wow. You had an active weekend. Was it fun?
法蘭西斯:哇。你的週末過得真活躍。好玩嗎?
active(adj.)活躍的
Wendy: Actually, I almost gave up after climbing for 10 minutes.
溫蒂:其實我在爬了十分鐘後差點放棄。
give up放棄climb(v.)攀爬、攀登
Francis: Why? Was the slope steep?
法蘭西斯:為什麼?坡很陡嗎?
slope(n.)山坡、斜坡steep(adj.)陡的
Wendy: Yes. And there were lots of stairs along the way to the top. I was so tired that I needed to take a rest every few minutes.
溫蒂:對啊。而且在到山頂的路上有好多階梯。我累到需要每幾分鐘後就休息一下。
stair(n.)樓梯along(prep.)沿著tired(adj.)疲累的take a rest休息
Francis: Seems like you seldom exercise.
法蘭西斯:你似乎很少運動。
seldom(adv.)很少exercise(v.)運動
Wendy: Yep. But I still climbed to the top. My legs hurt badly now.
溫蒂:沒錯。但我還是有爬到山頂。我的腿現在非常痛。
hurt(v.)感到疼痛badly(adv.)嚴重地
Francis: You should start working out.
法蘭西斯:你應該開始健身。
work out健身
Wendy: I agree. I learned my lesson.
溫蒂:我同意。我學到教訓了。
lesson(n.)教訓、經驗