
好心的鄰居
Vick lives alone. Someone is knocking on his door.
維克一個人住。有人敲他的門。
live(v.)居住alone(adv.)獨自knock(v.)敲
Vick: Hello!
維克:你好!
Gina: Hello! I’m Gina from upstairs.
吉娜:你好!我是住樓上的吉娜。
upstairs樓上、downstairs樓下
Vick: I know. You have a ginger cat.
維克:我知道。你有養一隻橘貓。
ginger cat橘貓
Gina: Yes. I also have a tabby.
吉娜:沒錯。我還有一隻虎斑貓。
tabby虎斑貓
Vick: Cute cats.
維克:很可愛。
Gina: Actually, the ginger one ran away, so I’m going door to door to see if anyone saw him.
吉娜:其實橘貓跑走了,所以我現在挨家挨戶問看看有沒有人看到。
run away逃跑see-saw(v.)看到
Vick: Oh, I’m so sorry.
維克:哦,我很抱歉。
Gina: Did you, by any chance, see him in the neighborhood?
吉娜:你有沒有在附近看到牠?
by any chance有無可能neighborhood(n.)鄰近區域、社區
Vick: No. You know what, let me help you find him.
維克:沒有呢。這樣吧,我也一起幫你找。
let(v.)使、讓find(v.)找到
Gina: Thank you so much.
吉娜:非常感謝你。