
想念家鄉
Sally and Jake are co-workers. They are chatting.
莎莉和傑克是同事。他們正在聊天。
co-workers(n.)同事=colleague
Jake: What did you do for the long weekend?
傑克:你這連假做了什麼?
long weekend=連假
Sally: I went back to my hometown to visit my parents.
莎莉:我回去我的家鄉拜訪我爸媽。
動詞三態go-went-gonevisit(v.)拜訪parents(n.)父母
Jake: That’s great. How often do you go back to your hometown?
傑克:真不錯。你多久回家鄉一趟?
How often=詢問頻率
Sally: Well, about once every two weeks.
莎莉:嗯,大約兩週一次。
about(prep.)大約week(n.)星期
Jake: That’s more often than I do. I usually go back once every two months.
傑克:那比我頻繁多了。我通常兩個月回去一次。
often(adv.)頻繁地usually(adv.)通常地=normallymonth(n.)月
Sally: Why is that?
莎莉:為什麼?
Jake: My hometown is in the countryside. It’s pretty far away from here.
傑克:我的家鄉在鄉間。離這裡還蠻遠的。
countryside(n.)鄉間city(n.)城市pretty(adv.)相當地
Sally: When did you move here?
莎莉:你什麼時候搬來這的?
move(v.)移動;搬家
Jake: I moved here three years ago. It’s all good here, but I miss my hometown sometimes.
傑克:我三年前搬來的。這裡一切都很好,不過我有時會有點想念我的家鄉。
ago(adv.)在~之前miss(v.)思念sometimes(adv.)有時候
Sally: I do, too. There is no place like home.
莎莉:我也是。還是家裡好。
place(n.)地方like(prep.)像~一樣