
挑戰視覺極限
Marc and Maggie are friends. They are chatting.
馬克和瑪姬是朋友,他們正在聊天。
Marc: Hey Maggie, did you catch the news about the latest ramen craze in Taiwan?
馬克:嘿瑪姬,你有聽說台灣最新的拉麵熱潮嗎?
craze(n.)熱潮、風靡一時的事物
Maggie: No, what’s going on?
瑪姬:沒有,怎麼了?
Marc: There’s a ramen restaurant in Yunlin that just introduced something called Godzilla Ramen. It’s pretty wild!
馬克:雲林有一家拉麵店剛推出了一道叫做「酷斯拉拉麵」的東西,超級瘋狂!
wild(adj.)瘋狂的、放縱不羈的、無法無天的
Maggie: Wild, how?
瑪姬:瘋狂?怎麼個瘋狂法?
Mark: Well, picture this: a bowl of ramen soup with a braised crocodile leg sticking out of it. Can you believe it?
馬克:嗯,想像一下:一碗拉麵湯裡竄出一隻燉煮過的鱷魚腿,你能相信嗎?
picture(v.)想像=imaginebowl(n.)碗Super Bowl超級杯stick out of 從~突出、伸出來
Maggie: Whoa, Taiwanese ramen seems to be getting more adventurous lately.
瑪姬:哇,最近的台灣拉麵似乎變得更加大膽了。
adventurous(adj.)冒險的、大膽的adventure(n.)冒險adventurer(n.)探險家;冒險家
Marc: Absolutely! First, we had isopod ramen, then frog ramen, and now this crocodile ramen. They’re really pushing the limits.
馬克:沒錯!先是有大王具足蟲拉麵,接著是青蛙拉麵,現在又有鱷魚拉麵。他們真的在挑戰極限。
push the limits挑戰極限
Maggie: I can imagine it’s getting a lot of attention on social media.
瑪姬:可以想見這一定在社群媒體上引起了很大的關注。
imagine(v.)想像
Marc: You bet! The photos of ramen bowls with crocodile legs went viral not only in Taiwan but even internationally.
馬克:當然!鱷魚腿拉麵的照片不僅在台灣瘋傳,甚至在國際間也廣為流傳。
You bet!當然go viral瘋狂傳開、點閱become a trending topic成為熱門話題break the internet在網路爆紅
Maggie: Where do they get the crocodile legs?
瑪姬:他們的鱷魚腿是從哪裡來的?
Marc: They source them from a crocodile farm in Taitung.
馬克:他們是從台東一個鱷魚養殖場取得的。
source(v.)(從特定來源)取得(n.)來源resource(n.)資源
Maggie: It must be quite an experience to see a crocodile leg sticking out of your ramen.
瑪姬:看到拉麵裡突出一隻鱷魚腿,一定是相當特別的體驗。
must(aux.)一定
Marc: Exactly, but I think I’ll go for more traditional ramen choices for now.
馬克:沒錯,不過我暫時還是會選擇比較傳統口味的拉麵。
traditional(adj.)傳統的