
為幸福扎根
Emma is talking to her friend Jason.
艾瑪正在跟朋友傑森聊天。
Emma: Can you believe 2026 is almost here already?
艾瑪:你能相信2026已經快到了嗎?
approach(v.)靠近approaching(adj.)即將到來的
Jason: I know, right? Time really flies.
傑森:真的耶,時間過得好快。
time flies時間過得很快
Emma: It kind of makes you stop and think.
艾瑪:會讓人忍不住停下來想一想。
Jason: Yeah. I don’t want another year to just pass by.
傑森:對啊,我不想再讓一年就這樣過去。
pass by(時間)過去、流逝pass out昏倒、分發pass on傳遞、去世
Emma: Same here. I don’t want to stay the same next year.
艾瑪:我也是,我不想明年還是原地踏步。
Jason: Me neither. I want my life to move forward, not just survive.
傑森:我也不想。我希望自己的人生能往前走,而不是硬撐。
survive(v.)生存、撐過去survivor(n.)倖存者,生還者/survival(n.)生存、存活
Emma: So what do you want to focus on first?
艾瑪:那你最想先專注在哪一方面?
focus on專注=concentrate on/pay attention to
Jason: My skills. I want to feel more confident at work.
傑森:我的技能吧,我想在工作上更有自信。
skill(n.)技能、能力be confident in sb./sth.對人、能力有信心/be confident about sth.對某事有信心
Emma: I want to be healthier and more focused, so I can do better at work and in life.
艾瑪:我想更健康、更專心,這樣在工作和生活上都能表現得更好。
Jason: Yeah, that really affects how well you do every day.
傑森:對啊,那真的會影響你每天表現得好不好。
affect(v.)影響effect(n.)影響、效果
Emma: Maybe 2026 can be about growth, not just comfort.
艾瑪:也許2026可以是成長的一年,而不只是追求舒適。
growth(n.)成長comfort(n.)舒適(v.)安慰comfort zone舒適圈
Jason: I like that. I want to look back and feel good about how I lived.
傑森:我喜歡那個說法。我希望回頭看時,能對自己的生活感到滿意。
look back on/at回顧、回想