
分送小狗狗
Megan’s dog just gave birth to seven puppies. Her brother, Jimmy, and she are trying to figure out what to do with them.
梅根的狗剛生了七隻小狗。她跟她的哥哥吉米正在想辦法分送牠們。
give birth to生figure out弄清楚
Megan: So, there are seven puppies in total.
梅根:所以總共有七隻小狗。
in total總共=totally
Jimmy: Yes – two black ones, two white ones and three spotted ones.
吉米:沒錯,兩隻黑的,兩隻白的,還有三隻斑點的。
one、ones代稱小狗、複數也是加sspotted(adj.)斑點的、圓點的
Megan: Uncle Frank called and said he would love to have two or three of them out in the country.
梅根:法蘭克舅舅打電話來說他很樂意在鄉下養兩三隻。
country(n.)鄉下、國家
Jimmy: Great! We can give him one of each kind.
吉米:太棒了,我們可以每種都給他一隻。
one of each kind每種各一隻、kind(n.)種類
Megan: And someone wrote me on Facebook, saying that she’d love to have a black one.
梅根:然後有人在臉書上私訊說她很樂意養一隻黑的。
someone(pron.)某人write-wrote-written(v.)寫、message(v., n.)私訊、訊息
Jimmy: Okay. What about the others?
吉米:那剩下的呢?
the other、the others(pron.)其他的東西
Megan: Can we keep them all?
梅根:我們可以養剩下全部嗎?
keep(v.)留、養
Jimmy: I think mom will only agree to let us keep two puppies at most.
吉米:我覺得媽媽只可能同意讓我們最多養兩隻。
agree to(v.)同意let(v.)讓+RVat most至多、at least至少
Megan: We can keep both of the remaining spotted ones.
梅根:我們可以養兩隻斑點的。
both兩個remaining(adj.)留下的
Jimmy: And the other?
吉米:另一隻呢?
Megan: I will ask around. Let’s hope for the best.
梅根:我再問問,希望有好結果。
ask around四處問問hope(v.)希望