
貓眼監視鄰居
Carlos and Laurie are roommates. Carlos is looking through the peephole of their front door.
卡洛斯和洛莉是室友。卡洛斯正趴在前門的貓眼上看。
look through看穿、看透peephole(n.)貓眼、peep(v.)偷窺、peeping Tom偷窺狂front door前門
Laurie: What are you doing? Spying on our neighbor?
洛莉:你在做什麼?監視我們的鄰居嗎?
spy on sb.監視
Carlos: I’m trying to run into Mr. Dunbar from across the street.
卡洛斯:我想來巧遇住對面的鄧巴先生。
run into巧遇across the street對街
Laurie: Why?
洛莉:為什麼?
Carlos: To give him a spare key to our house!
卡洛斯:給他一把我們家的備用鑰匙!
a key to sth.什麼東西的鑰匙、the key to the safe保險櫃的鑰匙house(n.)房子
Laurie: Isn’t it a bit too fast? We just moved in three weeks ago.
洛莉:是不是進展有點太快了?我們三個星期前才搬來呢。
fast(adj.)快速的move in搬家
Carlos: Well, I do know you always hide a key under the doormat.
卡洛斯:嗯,而且我是知道你總是會在門墊下面藏一把鑰匙。
hide(v.)藏匿、躲藏doormat門墊
Laurie: I do.
洛莉:沒錯。
Carlos: I mean just in case.
卡洛斯:我想說以防萬一嘛。
just in case以防萬一
Laurie: Alright, but I saw him go for a jog earlier. You will have to wait.
洛莉:好吧,但我剛剛看到他去慢跑了。你得等一下囉。
go for a jog去慢跑=go for a run、go for a walk去散步、go for支持、爭取early(adv.)早地
Carlos: No problem.
卡洛斯:沒問題。