
比閱讀文字訊息費時
Alex and Nancy are classmates. Nancy is listening to something.
艾力克斯和南西是同學。南西正在聽某個東西。
Alex: Nancy, what are you listening to?
艾力克斯:南西,你在聽什麼?
Nancy: Voice messages from my friend.
南西:我朋友傳的語音訊息。
Alex: Oh, I really hate getting voice messages.
艾力克斯:噢,我真的很討厭收到語音訊息。
hate(v.)討厭、厭惡hate V-ing討厭做某事hate to VR討厭做某事
Nancy: Me too.
南西:我也是。
Alex: Voice messages might be convenient for senders, but I have to spend more time listening to them than reading text messages.
艾力克斯:語音訊息可能對傳送的人來說很方便,但我要花比閱讀文字訊息還要多的時間聽語音訊息。
convenient(adj.)方便的inconvenient(adj.)不方便的send(v.)傳送、寄送sender(n.)傳送者spend(v.)花費、花(時間)spend (time or money) V-ing(花時間或金錢)做某事cost(v.)花費text(n.)(v.)文字、簡訊、傳簡訊
Nancy: True. If you miss something, you have to listen to it from the start!
南西:對啊。如果你漏了什麼,就必須從頭開始聽!
miss(v.)錯過、未聽到
Alex: Hey, didn’t you update your app?
艾力克斯:嘿,你沒有更新你的app嗎?
update(v.)更新
Nancy: No.
南西:沒有。
Alex: You can pause and play the messages in the new version, so you don’t have to listen to them from the beginning every time.
艾力克斯:在新的版本可以暫停和播放訊息,所以你不用每次都從頭開始聽。
pause(v.)暫停version(n.)版本
Nancy: Really? I will try it later.
南西:真的嗎?我等等試試看。