
有位子真的差很多!
Kevin is talking to his coworker Alice in the office.
凱文在辦公室與同事愛麗絲講話。
Kevin: Hey Alice! Did you stay up late to buy your train ticket for the Lunar New Year holidays?
凱文:嘿愛麗絲!你昨晚有熬夜買春節假期的火車票嗎?
stay up all night熬夜整晚stay up until+時間:熬夜到~點
Alice: Yes! I had to wake up at 11:55 p.m. to get ready. I was so lucky!
愛麗絲:有!我昨晚11:55醒來準備。我超幸運的!
Kevin: Wow! I was looking for a ticket, but many seats were sold out. Did you get a seat?
凱文:哇!我當時正在找票,但很多位子都賣光了。妳有位子嗎?
seat(n.)座位seat belt安全帶/seat cushion坐墊reserve/book a seat預留座位sell out賣光、售罄
Alice: Yes! I got a seat to Tainan. Standing for 4 hours is so tiring.
愛麗絲:有!我買到去台南的位子。站4個小時真的超累。
tiring(adj.)令人疲累的tired(adj.)感到疲累的
Kevin: I agree. The train will be very crowded during Chinese New Year. Having a seat is much better.
凱文:對呀。春節火車上人會很多。有位子好多了。
crowded(adj.)擁擠的be packed with…擠(充)滿了~
Alice: Now I can take my dog home happily.
愛麗絲:現在我可以開心帶我的狗回家了。
Kevin: That’s great! But make sure your dog is not naughty. He must be quiet on the train.
凱文:太棒了!但要確保你的狗不頑皮。在火車上他必須保持安靜。
make sure that+子句/to VR/of:確保~
Alice: Don’t worry. He is a good boy. Now I need to pay within two days!
愛麗絲:別擔心,他是個乖孩子。現在我得在兩天內付錢了!
within(prep.)在⋯⋯之內
Kevin: Right. Don’t forget, or they will release the ticket again on January 16th!
凱文:對。別忘了,否則票會在1月16號重新釋出!
release(v.)釋出、重新開放
Alice: I will do it now! I’m going to the convenience store to get my ticket during lunch break.
愛麗絲:我現在就去辦!我打算趁午休時間去便利商店取票。
will VR:當下做的決定be going to VR:打算去做