
認識彼此
Ethan and Ellie are new employees in the same department.
伊森與艾麗是相同部門的新員工。
employee(n.)員工,僱員department(n.)部,系,處,科,室
Ethan: Hi, I’m Ethan. What’s your name?
伊森:嗨!我是伊森,妳叫什麼名字呢?
Ellie: Hello! I’m Ellie. Nice to meet you!
艾麗:哈囉!我叫艾麗。很高興看到你!
Ethan: Me, too. It seems like you’re shy.
伊森:我也是!你似乎很害羞。
seem(v.)似乎seem like好像shy(adj.)害羞的,羞怯的
Ellie: Yes, I’m shy of people I don’t know. You’re an outgoing person, aren’t you?
艾麗:是啊,和不認識的人在一起我會害羞。你是個外向的人對吧?
know(v.)認識,熟悉outgoing(adj.)開朗的,外向的,愛交際的
Ethan: Yes, I like to make friends. I like being with people and working with them.
伊森:是的,我喜歡交朋友。我喜歡跟人打交道與和人們一起工作。
make(v.)賺得,獲得
Ellie: Cool! I’m patient and hardworking although I may look quiet.
艾麗:酷耶!雖然我可能看起來是文靜的,但是我有耐性也很努力。
patient(adj.)有耐心的hardworking(adj.)努力工作的,勤奮的although(conj.)雖然may(aux.)可能,也許look(v.)看起來quiet(adj.)靜的,安靜的
Ethan: I don’t think so! You look friendly and kind to people.
伊森:我不這麼認為耶!妳看起來對人很友善又善良啊!
think(v.)想so(adv.)這樣,如此friendly(adj.)友善的kind(adj.)溫和的,體貼的
Ellie: Thank you! You look confident in yourself! I hope I am able to become more confident in myself.
艾利:謝謝你!你看起來對自己很有自信耶!我希望我也能對自己更有自信些!
confident(adj.)自信的,有信心的yourself(pron.)你自己hope(v.)希望be able to能夠become(v.)變成,成為,變得myself(pron.)我自己
Ethan: Haha! I also have some weakness such as being stubborn and a bit lazy.
伊森:哈哈!我也有一些缺點的,像是固執並有點懶。
weakness(n.)缺點,弱點such as像是,例如stubborn(adj.)頑固的,倔強的a bit稍微lazy(adj.)懶的,懶惰的
Ellie: If you get to know me better, you’ll see that I’m pretty stubborn, too.
艾麗:如果你更了解我的話,你會發現我也非常固執哦!
if(conj.)如果,假如better(adv.)更好地,較好地pretty(adv.)相當,很,非常