
爸爸回家吃晚餐
Scott’s mother is in the kitchen. She needs help from Scott.
史考特的媽媽在廚房裡,她需要史考特的幫忙。
attic(n.)閣樓cellar(n.)地下室basement(n.)地下室pantry(n.)食物儲藏室guest room(n.)客房
Mom: Hey, Scott. Can you do me a favor?
媽:嘿,史考特。你可以幫我一個忙嗎?
favor(n.)美好的事物May I ask you for a favor?我可以請你幫忙嗎?
Scott: What is it?
史考特:什麼事?
Mom: We are short of salt and pepper. Could you go get them? I’m very busy now.
媽:鹽跟胡椒快要用完了,你可以幫忙去買嗎?我現在很忙。
be short of短缺=run out ofsugar(n.)糖oil(n.)油olive oil(n.)橄欖油soy oil(n.)醬油vinegar(n.)醋could較can微婉
Scott: Do you need anything else?
史考特:那還需要其他東西嗎?
Wh-else不然
Mom: Oh, I almost forgot. We need some green onions, too.
媽:啊,差點忘記。我們還需要一些青蔥。
forget、forgot、forgotten忘記about、to V、V-inglettuce(n.)萵苣cabbage(n.)高麗菜garlic(n.)大蒜onion(n.)洋蔥
Scott: Hmm, I may not have enough money.
史考特:嗯,我不知道我錢夠不夠耶。
may(aux.)+RV可能enough(adj.足夠的)enough(adv.)足夠
Mom: It’s okay. My purse is on the table. And don’t forget to take the shopping bag with you.
媽:沒事,我的皮包在抽屜,然後別忘了帶購物袋。
wallet(n.)男用錢包on在上面in在裡面behind 在後面in front of 在…前面above 在之上below 在下面between 在中間take sth with要某人帶
Scott: OK.
史考特:好。
Mom: Make sure you come back quickly. I need to get the meal ready before your dad comes home.
媽:務必快點回來哦,爸爸回家之前我要把晚餐煮好。
make sure確認
Scott: I’m on my way.
史考特:要出門了。
In a way某種程度上in sb’s way擋到…的路by the way順道一提