
塑膠減量
Bill and Jane are having lunch at McDonald’s.
比爾和珍在麥當勞吃午餐
have lunch=eat lunch吃午餐
Jane: What are you having for lunch?
珍:你中午要吃什麼?
What are you having for N?你⋯吃什麼?
Bill: I think I’ll have the Big Mac extra value meal.
比爾:我想我要大麥克超值全餐。
extra value meal超值全餐
Jane: And your drink?
珍:那你的飲料是?
drink(n.)飲料
Bill: Sprite. And I want to supersize my fries.
比爾:雪碧,然後我要升級成大薯。
Sprite(n.)雪碧supersize(v.)升級
Jane: Ok. I’ll go order our food. Why don’t you go find a table for us?
珍:好,我去點餐,你要不要去找位子?
order(v.)點餐table(n.)座位
Bill: (15 minutes later) Did you know that McDonald’s won’t be giving straws out to customers anymore soon? I just read the news about this on my smartphone.
比爾:(15分鐘後) 你知道麥當勞說不會再提供吸管給顧客了,我剛在手機上看到這個新聞。
will be Ving未來進行式(表示未來持續進行)customer(n.)客人smartphone(n.)智慧型手機
Jane: Really? So how are we supposed to drink our beverages then?
珍:真的嗎?那我們要怎麼喝飲料?
be supposed to應該要做(預計)beverage(n.)飲料
Bill: They’re planning to use a new type of lid for drinks. Customers can drink directly from their cups through the lid opening.
比爾:他們計畫要推出一種新款的杯蓋,顧客可以直接用杯蓋喝。
plan to計畫要lid(n.)蓋子directly(adv.)直接地opening(n.)開口
Jane: If the purpose behind this is to cut down on plastic waste, we should just bring our own bottles to drink from.
珍:但如果目的是要塑膠減量的話,我們應該直接用自己的杯子裝飲料。
purpose(n.)目的cut down on減少=decrease=deducewaste(n.)垃圾bottle(n.)瓶子
Bill: That’s true. Another way we could help is by not ordering takeout.
比爾:這倒是沒錯,另一個垃圾減量的辦法是不要外帶食物。
takeout(n.)外帶食物
Jane: Right! When people order takeout, they end up wasting a lot of paper and plastic food containers and utensils.
珍:對,外帶食物到最後都會浪費一堆紙或塑膠容器跟餐具。
end up Ving最後變成container(n.)容器utensil(n.)餐具
Bill: Or, maybe we should consider just staying home and cooking for ourselves once in a while.
比爾:也許我們該考慮偶爾自己煮飯了。
consider Ving考慮做某事once in a while=sometimes偶爾