
囤積狂的房間
Kent and Karen are roommates. Kent is in his room.
肯特和凱倫是室友。肯特在他的房間裡。
Karen: Hey, can I borrow something from you?
凱倫:嘿,我可以跟你借點東西嗎?
borrow(v.)借入
Kent: What? I wasn’t listening.
肯特:什麼?我剛剛沒有在聽。
Karen: Oh my. Look at your room. What a mess. Did you do a full clean-up before the New Year?
凱倫:哦,天哪。看看你的房間,真是一團糟。你年前有大掃除過嗎?
mess(n.)髒亂a full clean-up大掃除
Kent: I did, but I guess my room is always like this.
肯特:有啊,但我想我的房間總是這樣亂七八糟。
Karen: You’re such a hoarder. There are too many things you should get rid of, like these containers and paper bags.
凱倫:你真是個囤積狂。有太多東西該丟掉,比如這些容器和紙袋。
hoarder(n.)囤積狂、hoard(v.)container(n.)容器
Kent: They might come in handy someday.
肯特:總有一天會派上用場啊。或許吧。
come in handy派上用場
Karen: Don’t lie to yourself. Also, these empty bottles of hairspray should be gone as well. Are those gardening tools?
凱倫:不要騙。此外,這些空的噴霧瓶也應該丟掉。還有那些是園藝工具嗎?
lie(v.)撒謊empty(adj.)空的hairspray髮膠、噴霧gardening tool園藝工具
Kent: Right. I’ve spent a lot of money on these shovels and spades.
肯特:對。我花很多錢買這些鏟子和鐵鍬。
shovel(n.)鏟子spade(n.)鐵鍬、黑桃
Karen: They should be thrown away as soon as possible.
凱倫:趕快扔掉吧。
throw-threw-thrown(v.)丟掉
Kent: Okay. Your point has been made. I’ll get a giant trash bag.
肯特:好啦。我懂你意思。我會去拿個大垃圾袋。
make a point強調重點來說服別人trash bag垃圾袋