
禁用免洗餐具
David and Nancy are having lunch at their school cafeteria.
大衛和南西在學校參加吃午餐。
cafeteria(n.)自助餐廳
David: Do you always bring your own chopsticks and spoon?
大衛:你都會帶自己的筷子和湯匙?
bring(v.)帶著、帶來chopstick(n.)筷子spoon(n.)湯匙
Nancy: Of course! Disposable utensils are not eco-friendly.
南西:當然!免洗餐具很不環保。
eco-friendly(adj.)環保的
David: Well, isn’t it a pain carrying utensils around? You have to find a place to wash them after you eat.
大衛:我覺得帶自己的餐具比較不方便,你用完餐還要找地方洗餐具。
pain(n.)麻煩的事carry around隨身攜帶
Nancy: You’ll have to carry your own utensils sooner or later.
南西:你遲早都要帶你自己的餐具吃飯。
sooner or later遲早
David: Why?
大衛:為什麼?
Nancy: I heard that our government is about to ban using disposable tableware.
南西:我聽說政府要禁止使用免洗餐具。
government(n.)政府be about to RV即將要~ban N(Ving)禁止tableware(n.)餐具
David: Really? You mean we won’t be able to use disposable utensils anymore?
大衛:真的嗎?你是說我們之後再也無法使用免洗餐具了?
anymore(adv.)再也
Nancy: It seems that all restaurants and food courts at department stores will stop providing them as soon as the law goes into effect.
南西:似乎是一旦法令頒布後,所有的餐廳和百貨公司的美食街都會停止提供免洗餐具。
it seems that似乎~food court美食街provide(v.)提供as soon as一~就~go into effect開始實施、開始生效
David: But they will still provide reusable utensils, right?
大衛:但那些餐廳還是會提供可再次使用的餐具吧?
reusable(adj.)可重複使用的
Nancy: Yes, they will. But I prefer using my own utensils because I’ll make sure they’re properly washed.
南西:會啊,但我比較想用自己的餐具,因為我會確定我的餐具有好好洗過。
prefer(v.)比較喜歡make sure確保properly(adv.)好好地、確實地
David: Hmmm… That does make sense.
大衛:嗯....這倒是有道理。
make sense說得通、合理