
手機修圖直接上傳
Jill and Jack are in the basement of their house.
吉兒和傑克在地下室。
basement(n.)地下室
Jill: What are you doing over there? Why are you covered in dust?
吉兒:你在那裡做什麼?你怎麼身上都是灰塵?
be covered in覆蓋著dust(n.)灰塵dusty(adj.)滿是灰塵的
Jack: I’m cleaning out some old stuff that I’m planning to get rid of.
傑克:我在清理一些我打算丟掉的舊物。
clean out清掉、打掃乾淨plan to RV計畫要做
Jill: Is that a camera that you’re holding in your hand?
吉兒:是你手上拿著的相機嗎?
hold(v.)拿著
Jack: Yeah, I think I’m going to throw this away. I haven’t used it for years.
傑克:對啊,我想把這台相機丟掉,已經好幾年沒用了。
have V-pp現在完成式
Jill: Throw it away? Is it broken?
吉兒:丟掉?這有壞嗎?
broken(adj.)壞掉的=out of order
Jack: No, it’s not. It’s just that no one uses cameras anymore. Everyone takes photos with their cellphones now.
傑克:沒有,只是現在沒人在用相機了啦,大家都是用手機拍照。
take photos=take photos拍照cellphone(n.)手機
Jill: That’s true. It’s so convenient to be able to take pictures using our smartphones. Plus, you can make changes to your photos afterwards with the help of photo editing apps.
吉兒:是沒錯啦。而且拍完照馬上就可以用手機上的修圖軟體調整照片。
convenient(adj.)方便的smartphone(n.)智慧型手機plus(adv.)而且=besidesmake changes to調整=adjustafterwards(adv.)之後with the help of藉由~的協助
Jack: You can also upload them to Facebook or Instagram right away.
傑克:也就可以馬上上傳到Facebook或Instagram。
upload(v.)上傳right away=immediately馬上
Jill: But it would be a waste of money to throw that camera away. How about giving it to my brother? He’s very much into photography.
吉兒:但是丟掉的話會很浪費錢。還是我們把它給我弟?我知道他一直都對攝影很有興趣。
would be會是(委婉語氣)a waste of money浪費錢How about Ving?還是~呢?(提議)be into N=be very interested in=be enthusiastic about非常喜歡photography(n.)攝影
Jack: Sure, I can give him my camera along with this 128GB memory card if he wants.
傑克:沒問題,我可以把相機跟這個128g的記憶卡一起給他,如果他想要的話。
along with=and還有、和GB=gigabytememory card記憶卡
Jill: Great, I’ll let him know.
吉兒:太好了,我再告訴他。
let sb know=tell sb告訴某人
Jack: Tell him to come next weekend. I’ll show him how to use it.
傑克:跟他說下週末來吧,我會教他怎麼用。
show sb how to RV教某人做某事