
角色互換
Charlie and Diana are classmates. They are chatting.
查理和黛安娜是同學。他們正在聊天。
Charlie: Winter vacation is coming up! Do you know what that means?
查理:寒假快到了!你知道這代表什麼嗎?
winter (n.)冬天vacation (n.)假期summer vacation 暑假
Diana: What? We can sleep in?
黛安娜:什麼?我們可以賴床?
sleep in 睡懶覺
Charlie: No. It means that we get red envelopes soon!
查理:不對。代表我們很快就能拿到紅包了!
soon (adv.)很快地
Diana: Oh, true. We only have a few years left to get gift money.
黛安娜:噢。不過我們剩沒幾年可以拿到壓歲錢了。
a few+可數名詞 一些
Charlie: What do you mean?
查理:什麼意思?
Diana: When we get a job and start earning money, it’s our turn to give out red envelopes.
黛安娜:我們有工作並開始賺錢時,就換我們要發紅包了。
earn (v.)賺(錢)it’s sb.’s turn to+VR 輪到某人去~give out 分發、發出去
Charlie: Actually, I don’t know how much I should give my parents or grandparents.
查理:其實我不知道我應該給我爸媽和阿公阿嬤多少耶。
Diana: Well, I think every family is different. My parents think sending good wishes is more important.
黛安娜:嗯,我想每個家庭都不一樣。我爸媽覺得給予祝福比較重要。
different (adj.)不同的wishes (n.)祝福
Charlie: I see. I really don’t want to grow up.
查理:我懂了。我真不想長大。
grow (v.)成長grow up 長大成人
Diana: Me either.
黛安娜:我也是。