
又被炒魷魚了
Megan is Seth’s older sister. They are having dinner together.
梅根是賽斯的姐姐。他們在一起吃晚飯。
Seth: I have something to tell you…
賽斯:我有話要對你說⋯⋯
Megan: I know you lost your job today.
梅根:我知道你今天被炒魷魚了。
lost your job失業=get fired=get sacked
Seth: How did you find out?
賽斯:你是怎麼發現的?
find out發現
Megan: Are you serious? That’s my friend’s company. I got you the job there.
梅根:你認真嗎?那是我朋友的公司。當初就是我幫你找到工作的。
serious(adj.)認真的company(n.)公司
Seth: Oh. I almost forgot.
賽斯:噢,我差點忘了。
Megan: This is your third job this year. You didn’t hold down any of them.
梅根:這是你今年第三份工作。每一份你都沒有堅持住。
hold down保有工作、壓制
Seth: They are just not right for me.
賽斯:那些都不適合我啦。
right(adj.)合適的、the right one對的人
Megan: You should get off your tail and find a job on your own.
梅根:你不能再繼續這樣耍廢過日子,該自己找工作了。
on your own自己
Seth: Alright. I will. I promise.
賽斯:好。我會的,我保證。
promise(v., n.)承諾
Megan: I hope you really mean it.
梅根:我希望你是認真的。
mean(v.)意圖、打算