
從小地方開始
Gina and Max are part-time workers at a small neighborhood restaurant.
吉娜和麥克斯在一間社區小餐廳打工。
full-time(adj.)全職的neighborhood(n.)社區/neighbor(n.)鄰居
Max: Gina… I made a mistake again. I spilled the juice.
麥克斯:吉娜⋯⋯我又犯錯了。我把果汁打翻了。
make a mistake犯錯、弄錯spill(v.)打翻、灑出
Gina: Oh, Max. Again?
吉娜:喔,麥克斯,又來?
Max: Yeah… I’m really sorry. I feel a bit embarrassed.
麥克斯:嗯⋯⋯我真的很抱歉。我有點尷尬。
be sorry about…對~感到抱歉embarrassed(adj.)尷尬的、不好意思的
Gina: It’s okay. Take a deep breath. It happens.
吉娜:沒關係。先深呼吸一下。這種事會發生的。
take a deep breath深呼吸一下out of breath喘不過氣breathe(v.)呼吸
Max: You always help me. I feel bad about that.
麥克斯:妳每次都幫我。這樣我覺得很不好意思。
My bad!不好意思/是我的錯
Gina: Don’t worry too much. We’re a team at work.
吉娜:別太擔心。我們是一起工作的團隊。
team(n.)團隊be at work上班中be off work下班了/get off work下班(強調動作)
Max: I want to do better. I really do.
麥克斯:我真的想變好。真的。
Gina: And you will. Just give it another try.
吉娜:你會變好的。再試一次就好。
give it one more try再試一次
Max: Do you really think I can?
麥克斯:妳真的覺得我可以嗎?
Gina: Yes. Everyone starts small.
吉娜:可以的。每個人都是從小地方開始。
Everyone starts as a beginner.每個人都是初學者開始的
Max: Okay… thank you, Gina. You always make me feel better.
麥克斯:好⋯⋯謝謝你,吉娜。妳總是讓我覺得好多了。
Gina: Come on. Let’s clean this up and finish the drinks.
吉娜:走吧。我們先把這裡收好,然後把飲料做完。
clean up整理、打掃
Max: Got it. I’ll try harder this time.
麥克斯:知道了。我這次會更努力。
hard(adv.)努力地hardly(adv.)幾乎不