
邊玩邊瘦身
Noah and Olivia are talking about Noah’s recent weight gain.
諾亞和奧莉維亞正在談論諾亞最近變胖了的話題。
weight (n.)體重weigh (v.)有……重height (n.)身高、高度gain (n.)(v.)增加
Olivia: Hey Noah, how have you been?
奧莉維亞:嘿,諾亞,最近怎麼樣?
Noah: I’ve been doing well, thanks. I’ve been thinking about starting to exercise. To be honest, I’ve gained some weight recently and want to get back into shape.
諾亞:謝謝,我一切都好。我在考慮開始運動。說實話,我最近變胖了一些,想要恢復健康的體態。
exercise (v.)運動to be honest 老實說
Olivia: Well, you could try going to the gym. Cycling, swimming, and playing basketball are also great choices.
奧莉維亞:那你可以試試去健身房。騎自行車、游泳和打籃球也是不錯的選擇。
biking (n.)騎自行車
Noah: Hmm, those sound interesting. Do you have any ideas for exercises I could do at home?
諾亞:嗯,聽起來很有趣耶。你可以建議一些我可以在家做的運動嗎?
Olivia: If you have a Nintendo Switch, I recommend fitness games like boxing or using a fitness ring.
奧莉維亞:如果你有任天堂Switch,我推薦像拳擊或使用健身環的健身遊戲。
recommend (v.)推薦、建議a fitness instructor 健身教練boxing (n.)拳擊運動
Noah: What if I don’t have one?
諾亞:如果我沒有任天堂Switch呢?
what if 如果…(會怎麼樣?)、要是…(你覺得如何?)
Olivia: Then you could try jumping rope, watching aerobic dance videos on YouTube, or buying a fitness mat to do aerobics at home.
奧莉維亞:那你可以試試跳繩、在YouTube上觀看有氧舞蹈影片、或購買健身墊在家做有氧運動。
aerobic (adj.)有氧的aerobic exercise 有氧運動mat (n.)墊子aerobics (n.)有氧運動、有氧體操
Noah: Those are all great ideas. How long should I exercise for each day?
諾亞:這些都是很好的點子。我每天應該運動多長時間?
Olivia: You don’t need to exercise for hours every day. Even just twenty minutes of exercise before showering can make a difference.
奧莉維亞:你不需要每天運動好幾個小時。甚至只要在洗澡前做20分鐘的運動就可以有所改善。
make a difference 有影響、起作用
Noah: Okay, I can manage that. Thanks for the suggestions, Olivia.
諾亞:好的,我能做到。謝謝你的建議,奧莉維亞。
manage (v.)成功做到、順利完成suggestion (n.)建議a suggestion(a piece of advice) 一項建議
Olivia: No problem, happy to help. Let me know if you need any support getting started.
奧莉維亞:沒問題,我很樂意幫忙。如果你開始時需要任何幫助,隨時告訴我。
support (n.)支持、幫助