
可用優惠匯率
Mark and Lily are roommates. They are talking about buying foreign currencies.
馬克和莉莉是室友。他們正在談論買外幣。
Mark: The US dollar has hit an all-time low. I think it’s time to buy some.
馬克:美元跌到歷史新低點呢。是時候來買一些了。
hit(v.)到達
Lily: Where can I see the exchange rate board?
莉莉:哪裡可以看到牌告匯率?
exchange rate board牌告匯率版
Mark: All banks will have one on their websites. You can see the latest quotation.
馬克:所有銀行的網站上都會有。你可以看到最新的報價。
Lily: There’s a button to refresh the quotation as well. We’ll even get a preferential rate if we make purchases via the app.
莉莉:還有一個能刷新報價的按鈕。如果我們用APP來下單,甚至可以用優惠匯率呢。
refresh(v.)刷新preferential(adj.)優惠性的
Mark: That’s right.
馬克:沒錯。
Lily: What does this mean? GBP/USD?
莉莉:這是什麼意思?英鎊/美元?
Mark: They are codes for currencies. And this is called a currency pair. The first one is the base currency, and the latter one is the quote currency.
馬克:這都是貨幣代碼。兩個被稱為貨幣對。第一個是基本貨幣,後一個是報價貨幣。
code(n.)代碼currency pair貨幣對base currency基本貨幣the latter one後者、the former one前者quote currency報價貨幣
Lily: What does it have to do with the listed rate?
莉莉:這和列出的匯率有什麼關係?
have to do with有關連listed(adj.)列出的
Mark: It shows how much of the quote currency it will take to buy a single unit of the base currency.
馬克:表示一個單位的基本貨幣可以換成多少報價貨幣。
single unit單一單位1.3 GBP/USD
Lily: Aha! Now I get it.
莉莉:啊哈!現在我懂了。