
獲得晉升
Ernie and Emily are having lunch.
爾尼與艾蜜莉正在吃午餐。
have(v.)吃、喝lunch(n.)午餐
Emily: Hey Ernie, how was your meeting with the boss? Are you okay?
艾蜜莉:嘿,爾尼,你跟老闆的會面如何呢?你還好嗎?
meeting(n.)會面、會議boss(n.)上司、老闆okay(adj.)可以的、不錯的
Ernie: Actually, I’m great. He gave me a promotion!
爾尼:事實上,我感覺超好呢!他給我晉升耶!
actually(adv.)實際上、事實上great(adj.)極好的give(v.)給、給予
Emily: Wow, really?
艾蜜莉:哇!真的嗎?
really(excl.)真的、是嗎
Ernie: Yes, I was really surprised. I thought that he was going to tell me some bad news, because he sounded very serious.
爾尼:是啊,我非常驚訝呢。我以為他要告訴我一些壞消息,因為他聽起來非常嚴肅。
really(adv.)非常、很surprised(adj.)意外地、驚訝的think(v.)以為tell(v.)告訴some(det.)一些news(n.)新聞、消息because(conj.)因為sound(v.)聽起來serious(adj.)嚴肅的、認真的
Emily: Well I’m glad that it wasn’t bad news at all. What will your new job be?
艾蜜莉:我很高興它不是壞消息。你的新工作是什麼呢?
glad(adj.)高興的、樂意的at all根本、絲毫job(n.)工作
Ernie: I’m going to be the Head of Social Media. There’s just one problem though.
爾尼:我將會擔任社交媒體負責人;但是只有一個問題。
head(n.)負責人、領導人social(adj.)社交的、交際的media(n.)媒體just(adv.)只是、僅僅problem(n.)問題though(adv.)儘管
Emily: What is it?
艾蜜莉:什麼問題呢?
Ernie: I have to work at the head office in Taichung.
爾尼:我必須要在台中的總公司工作。
work(v.)工作head office總公司、總部
Emily: Oh no! I’m sad that I won’t see you every day, but I’m happy that you’re doing well at work.
艾蜜莉:噢不!我無法每天看到你了真難過,但我很高興你工作做得很好。
but(conj.)但是work(n.)工作
Ernie: Me too, we’ll keep in touch!
爾尼:我也是耶,我們會保持聯絡的!
keep(v.)保持touch(n.)接觸、聯繫