
預付卡還是月租方案?
After starting her new job in Canada, Emma needs a local SIM card. She visits a phone shop after work.
在加拿大開始新工作後,艾瑪需要一張當地SIM卡。她下班後去手機店。
local(adj.)當地的local cuisine當地食物local culture當地文化local people當地居民
Clerk: Hi! Welcome. How can I help you today?
店員:你好!歡迎光臨。今天有什麼需要為你服務的嗎?
Emma: Hi. I just moved here, and I need a local phone number.
艾瑪:你好。我剛搬來這裡,需要一個當地門號。
just(adv.)剛剛
Clerk: No problem. Do you want a prepaid plan or a monthly plan?
店員:沒問題。你想要預付方案,還是月租方案?
prepaid plan預付方案monthly(adj.)每月一次的
Emma: I’m not sure. What’s the difference?
艾瑪:我不太確定。有什麼差別?
difference(n.)差別、差異make a difference有所影響、有改變tell the difference辨別差異
Clerk: With prepaid, you pay first every month. There is no contract. You can stop anytime.
店員:預付卡是每個月先付錢,沒有合約。你可以隨時停止使用。
contract(n.)合約sign a contract簽合約enter into a contract訂立合約
Emma: That sounds better. I’m not sure how long I will stay.
艾瑪:那聽起來比較好。我不確定會待多久。
Clerk: Okay. We have a $30 plan. It includes 10GB of data, free local calls, and text messages.
店員:好的。我們有一個30元方案,包含10GB流量、本地通話和簡訊。
include(v.)包含data(n.)資料、數據text message簡訊
Emma: That’s good. Is the signal strong in this area?
艾瑪:很好。這個地區訊號強嗎?
signal(n.)訊號strong/weak signal訊號強/訊號弱lose/have, get a signal失去/接收到信號pick up a signal接收到信號
Clerk: Yes, it works well in the city.
店員:是的,在市區都很好。
work(v.)運作
Emma: Great. What do you need from me?
艾瑪:太好了。需要我提供什麼?
Clerk: Your passport, please. And do you have a local address?
店員:請給我護照。還有,你有當地地址嗎?
address(n.)地址
Emma: Yes, I do. Here is my passport.
艾瑪:有的。這是我的護照。
Clerk: Thank you. Please wait a few minutes.
店員:謝謝。請稍等幾分鐘。
a few幾個、一些few(det.)很少
(After a few minutes…)
(幾分鐘後……)
Clerk: All set! Here is your SIM card and your new phone number.
店員:好了!這是你的SIM卡和新門號。
all set準備好了、 一切就緒
Emma: Thank you! Can you help me put it in my phone?
艾瑪:謝謝!可以幫我裝進手機嗎?
Clerk: Of course. It’s ready now.
店員:當然。現在可以用了。
Emma: Perfect! Now I can call my family. Thanks again!
艾瑪:太好了!現在我可以打給家人了。再次謝謝你!
call sb.打電話給某人call sb./sth.+N.稱呼某人/某物為~