
不想浪費時間
David and Jenny are siblings. David just hung up the phone.
大衛和珍妮是兄妹。大衛剛掛斷一通電話。
hang up掛斷電話
Jenny: Who were you talking to just now?
珍妮:你剛剛在跟誰講話?
David: It’s a cold call from a bank.
大衛:是銀行的推銷電話。
bank(n.)銀行
Jenny: Again? Can’t they just stop bugging us?
珍妮:又來?他們就不能別再煩我們嗎?
stop V-ing停止做某事stop to VR停下某件事去做~bug(n.)蟲子、系統錯誤; (v.)煩擾
David: It is their job, after all.
大衛:畢竟那是他們的工作。
after all畢竟
Jenny: Last time I talked to a salesperson, he sounded like he wanted to be friends with me.
珍妮:上次我和一位推銷員通話,他聽起來像要跟我交朋友一樣。
salesperson(n.)推銷員be friends with sb.和某人當朋友
David: But in the end, he just wanted to sell you some products.
大衛:但最後他只是想賣產品給你。
sell(v.)販賣、銷售sell sb. sth. 賣給某人某物sell sth. to sb.賣某物給某人
Jenny: That’s right.
珍妮:沒錯。
David: Sometimes chatting with them is fun. You can try to do that next time.
大衛:有時候和他們聊天蠻好玩的。你下次可以試試。
chat(v.)聊天
Jenny: I don’t want to waste time.
珍妮:我不想浪費時間。
waste(v.)浪費
David: Alright.
大衛:好吧。