
讓自己專注
Emma and Ernie are coworkers. They are having lunch.
艾瑪和爾尼是同事,他們正在吃午餐。
coworker(n.)同事
Emma: It’s been so hard for me to focus on my work.
艾瑪:我一直好難專注在工作上哦。
focus on sth.專注於某事
Ernie: Why? Haven’t you slept well?
爾尼:為什麼?妳都沒睡好嗎?
Emma: That’s not the reason. I always get enough sleep.
艾瑪:那不是原因,我總是有充足的睡眠呀。
reason(n.)原因、理由enough(det.)充足、充分sleep(n.)睡眠
Ernie: Is there something that distracts you?
爾尼:有什麼事使妳分心嗎?
distract(v.)使分心、干擾
Emma: Hmm… Usually I’ll check my phone as soon as I get notifications. Is it the reason?
艾瑪:嗯…常常我一收到通知,就會檢查手機;這是原因嗎?
usually(adv.)通常地、經常地check(v.)檢查、查看as soon as一…就…notification(n.)通知
Ernie: It probably is. I always turn off the notifications, so I can focus on what I’m doing.
爾尼:很可能是哦!我總是關掉通知,因此我可以專注在我正在做的事情上。
probably(adv.)有可能、大概turn off關閉so(conj.)因此、所以what(pron.)…的
Emma: What if there’s something important for you to know on time?
艾瑪:那如果有很重要的事情要當下知道怎麼辦?
what if如果…怎麼辦?on time準時
Ernie: In that case, I set it up so that I only get notifications from that particular person.
爾尼:那樣的話,我會設定我只收到來自那個特定的人的訊息。
in that case那樣的話set(v.)設定set up建立particular(adj.)特定的
Emma: It seems like it doesn’t matter even though we don’t get the messages on time.
艾瑪:看來即使我們沒有及時收到訊息,也沒有關係?
seem(v.)似乎、彷彿seem like好像matter(v.)重要、有關係even though雖然、即使
Ernie: I think most messages are like that. We are the ones who decide what is important to us, not the person who texts us.
爾尼:我覺得大部分的訊息是這樣的。我們才是決定什麼事對我們是重要的的那個人,並不是傳訊息給我們的人來決定的。
most(det.)大部分的、大多數like(prep.)像decide(v.)決定text(v.)給…傳訊息