
睡覺會關燈嗎?
Jeremy and Helen are chatting. Jeremy keeps yawning.
傑若米和海倫正在聊天。傑若米一直打呵欠。
yawn(v.)打呵欠keep Ving=一直做某事
Helen: Did you stay up to watch the basketball game again?
海倫:你又熬夜看籃球賽了嗎?
stay up=熬夜stay up all night=熬夜一整晚pull an all-nighter=熬夜一整晚
Jeremy: No, I just couldn’t fall asleep last night.
傑若米:沒有,我昨晚怎麼樣都睡不著。
fall asleep=睡著doze off=打瞌睡take a nap=睡午覺
Helen: That’s too bad.
海倫:那太糟了。
too(adv.)太過於
Jeremy: I tried changing my pillow, but it didn’t work.
傑若米:我試過換枕頭,但沒有用。
pillow(n.)枕頭work(v.)起作用、有效
Helen: Do you often sleep with the lights off?
海倫:你睡覺會關燈嗎?
often(adv.)經常
Jeremy: Yes, I do. I always turn the lights off.
傑若米:有啊,我都會關燈。
turn off=關閉
Helen: Why don’t you try to play some music?
海倫:你何不試著放些音樂?
play(v.)播放
Jeremy: Does that help people sleep better?
傑若米:這會幫助人們睡得比較好嗎?
better=副詞well的比較級
Helen: It works for me.
海倫:對我來說有用啦。
Jeremy: Well, there is no harm in trying.
傑若米:嗯,試試也無妨。
no harm in Ving=嘗試某事也無妨