
湧入10萬人
Phil and Janet are friends. They live in Yuanli, Miaoli.
菲爾和珍妮是朋友。他們住在苗栗的苑裡。
Phil: Hey Janet, did you go to the “Gate of Hell” Night Market last night?
菲爾:嘿,珍妮,你昨晚有去「鬼門關」夜市嗎?
Janet: Yes, I did! It was really fun. They had new “straw lanterns” this year!
珍妮:去了!真的很好玩。今年有新的稻草燈!
straw(n.)稻草straw basket草編籃straw hat草帽lantern(n.)燈籠
Phil: I saw! The street was so bright.
菲爾:我有看到!街道很明亮。
bright(adj.)明亮的、耀眼的、聰明的、前途光明的bright future前途光明
Janet: There were more than 600 stalls! I tried lots of different foods. What did you do?
珍妮:有超過600個攤位!我嘗試了很多不同的食物。你做了什麼?
more than超過、比……更多stall(n.)攤位
Phil: I played some games. There were booths where you could win prizes.
菲爾:我玩了一些遊戲。有些攤位可以贏獎品。
booth(n.)小亭、(市集、展覽會等)的小棚子phone booth電話亭
Janet: It was very crowded, wasn’t it?
珍妮:很擠對吧?
crowded(adj.)擁擠的
Phil: Yes, it was! I heard there were around 100,000 people. It was really packed.
菲爾:是的!我聽說大約有10萬人。真的很擁擠。
packed(adj.)空間擁擠的、物品裝得滿滿的
Janet: I’m glad we went early. We avoided the biggest crowds.
珍妮:我很高興我們早早去了。我們避免了最擁擠的人潮。
avoid(v.)避免avoid V-ing避免做某事crowd(n.)人群
Phil: Me too! It was a great night to remember.
菲爾:我也是!那是一個值得回憶的美好夜晚。
me too我也是