
家長的福音
Christine and Henry are a couple. Their daughter, Lily, is starting elementary school in September.
克莉絲汀和亨利是一對夫妻。他們的女兒莉莉九月即將就讀小學。
elementary school小學the start of school開學=back to school
Christine: Henry, did you see the news today? Lily starts school this September, and there is a new policy!
克莉絲汀:亨利,你有看到今天的新聞嗎?莉莉今年九月要上學了,現在有一個新政策!
policy(n.)政策school policy校規policy on sth.關於~的政策
Henry: Is it about the school lunches? I heard something on the radio.
亨利:是關於學校午餐嗎?我在廣播上有聽到一些消息。
Christine: Yes! In Taipei, school lunches are free for all elementary school students starting this September.
克莉絲汀:對!台北從今年九月開始,所有國小學生的營養午餐都是免費的。
Henry: That’s great! We can save some money every month. Is it the same in other cities?
亨利:太棒了!我們每個月可以省下一些錢。其他城市也一樣嗎?
save(v.)節省、儲蓄save up存錢、累積save for a rainy day未雨綢繆other+複數N.=其他的~/the other+複數N.=(特定的一群)剩下的~
Christine: Most of them, yes. Taichung, Tainan, and Kaohsiung are also starting free lunch programs.
克莉絲汀:大部分是。台中、台南和高雄也開始實施免費午餐計畫了。
program(n.)節目、計畫
Henry: What about New Taipei City? My brother lives there.
亨利:那新北市呢?我哥哥住在那裡。
city(n.)城市capital city首都/coastal city海濱城市
Christine: New Taipei City is different. The mayor says it is too expensive, so it is not free for everyone yet.
克莉絲汀:新北市不一樣。市長說成本太高了,所以還沒有全面免費。
be different from…跟~不同high cost高成本
Henry: I see. I hope the food quality is still good if it is free.
亨利:我明白了。我希望如果是免費的,食物品質還是一樣好。
quality(n.)品質high/poor(low) quality高品質/低劣品質quality of life生活品質
Christine: Me too. I’ll check the school menu every week!
克莉絲汀:我也希望。我會每週確認學校的菜單!
Henry: Good! Let’s make sure Lily eats a healthy and balanced meal every day.
亨利:好極了!讓我們確保莉莉每天都能吃到健康且營養均衡的一餐。
make sure確保、確認balanced(adj.)均衡的/balanced diet均衡的飲食balance(v.)使均衡、使平衡