
歐洲面臨熱浪來襲
Sam and Julia are going out.
山姆跟茱莉雅正要出門。
Sam: Remember to bring your sunglasses and sunscreen with you. It’s hot out there.
山姆:記得帶你的太陽眼鏡跟防曬乳,外面很熱。
remember(v.)記得bring(v.)攜帶sunglass(n.)太陽眼鏡sunscreen(n.)防曬品hot(adj.)熱的
Julia: Okay. I’m already sweating like a pig.
茱莉雅:好,我已經汗流浹背了。
sweat like a pig汗流浹背
Sam: Me too. Speaking of hot weather, I saw the news this morning. There is a record-breaking heat wave in Europe right now.
山姆:我也是。說到天氣,我今天早上看到新聞,上面說歐洲也正面臨破紀錄的熱浪。
speaking of...說到⋯⋯hot(adj.)熱的weather(n.)天氣record-breaking(adj.)破紀錄的heat wave熱浪
Julia: Sounds terrible.
茱莉雅:聽起來很糟。
terrible(adj.)糟糕的
Sam: Yeah. The temperature in southern France hits 45°C.
山姆:是啊,法國南部的溫度竟然達到攝氏45度。
temperature(n.)溫度southern(adj.)南部的
Julia: Is the French government doing anything about it?
茱莉雅:法國政府有採取行動嗎?
government(n.)政府
Sam: Yes, it has started a heat emergency plan. There are now “cooling rooms” open for use in some public buildings, and mist showers were set up on the streets.
山姆:有,他們已經開始熱危險警報計畫,開放公共建築的冷氣房,還有在街道上設置水霧系統。
start(v.)開始emergency(n.)緊急情況plan(n.)計畫open(v.)開放mist(n.)薄霧set up設置street(n.)街道
Julia: It’s sad. What we should really do is take steps to slow down global warming.
茱莉雅:真難過,我們真的該做的事情是減緩全球暖化。
slow down放慢、減緩global warming全球暖化
Sam: I agree with you.
山姆:我同意。
agree(v.)同意