
找出隱藏費用
Denise and Richard are planning to travel across America for a month. But first they need to figure out their budget.
丹妮斯和理查德計劃到美國旅遊一個月,但他們得先編列預算。
figure out 搞清楚、弄明白
Denise: All the travel and accommodation fees have finally been paid.
丹妮斯:所有旅費和住宿費都付清了。
accommodation(n.)住宿
Richard: Now all that is left is figuring out how much a day we will spend.
理查德:現在剩下的就是算出我們一天的花費。
Denise: I’m very frugal. I can survive with just $15 a day.
丹妮斯:我很節儉的,一天只要15元就可以過活。
frugal(adj.)節儉的thrifty 節儉的economical 節約的、省錢的penny-pinching 吝嗇的、小器的stingy 吝嗇的
Richard: That’s amazing! I think I will be using my debit card almost every day.
理查德:那太神奇了,我想我每天幾乎都會用上簽帳金融卡。
credit(n.)貸項(v.)存入、匯入debit(n.)借項(v.)扣除
Denise: Be careful with foreign transaction fees then!
丹妮斯:那你得留意國外交易手續費。
Richard: What are those?
理查德:那是什麼?
Denise: Every time you use your card overseas, your bank adds a 1 to 3% fee to your transaction. For $1,000, you will pay an additional $30.
丹妮斯:每次海外刷卡,銀行都會酌收1至3%的交易手續費。一筆1,000元的交易就需要多付30元呢。
additional(adj.)額外的
Richard: The cost of all my purchases will balloon out of proportion!
理查德:那我消費的成本不就會大幅增加!
balloon out of proportion 大得不成比例blow (sth.) out of proportion 過份吹噓(某事)、對(某事)小題大作
Denise: I heard some banks can offer waivers with a special card. It’s best to ask them before travelling abroad.
丹妮斯:聽說有些銀行有特別的卡種可免手續費。最好是在出國旅遊前先問清楚。
waive(v.)免除waiver(n.)免支付協議visa waiver 免簽證
Richards: I will! I hate hidden fees!
理查德:我會的,最討厭隱藏費用了!
hidden agenda 陰謀hidden truth 不為人知的真相