
像坐公車一樣
Joan just got off a plane. She is talking to Evan.
瓊恩剛剛下了飛機,她正在和伊文交談。
Joan: Flying is weird. I don’t like it.
瓊恩:搭飛機感覺很奇怪,我不喜歡。
weird(adj.)怪異的、不尋常的、奇怪的=odd
Evan: What do you mean?
伊文:你是什麼意思?
mean(v.)意思是、表示(adj.)卑鄙的、刻薄的
Joan: Flying used to be okay for me. But now, I can’t take it.
瓊恩:搭飛機原本對我來說還行。但現在,我不能接受它。
used to v.過去經常…be used to n.(ving.)習慣於…can’t take sth.無法接受、承受某事
Evan: Why? Being able to fly around the world so easily is a blessing.
伊文:為什麼?能夠如此輕鬆地飛行到世界各地是一種福氣。
blessing(n.)祝福、福氣bless(v.)祝福blessed(adj.)有福的
Joan: No, now it’s like riding a bus. People are all around you coughing and sneezing.
瓊恩:不,現在搭機就像搭公車一樣,乘客們都會在你周圍咳嗽和打噴嚏。
cough(v.)咳嗽sneeze(v.)打噴嚏
Evan: Well, I can’t take that either. Did they at least cover their mouths?
伊文:嗯,這我也不能接受。那他們至少有摀住嘴巴吧?
at least至少
Joan: That is the point! They did not.
瓊恩:這就是重點!他們沒有。
point(n.)關鍵、重點、觀點、意義
Evan: Now that I think of it, people often get up to use the bathroom as well.
伊文:現在我想起來了,乘客們也總是很常起身去上廁所。
get up起身、起床
Joan: Yes, you must make room for people every time they get up.
瓊恩:是的,每次他們起身時,你都必須讓點空間給他們過。
make room for sth.為…讓出空間
Evan: We should get first class seats the next time we fly together!
伊文:下次我們一起搭飛機時,應該買頭等艙的座位!
first class頭等艙economy class經濟艙