
領養請求排長隊
Alan and Betty are coworkers. They are chatting during their lunch break.
阿倫和貝蒂是同事。他們正在午休時聊天。
Alan: Hey, did you hear about that Florida woman who left her estate to her cats?
阿倫:嘿,你聽說過那位佛羅里達女子把她的財產留給她的貓嗎?
leave-left-left留下
Betty: No way, really? That’s pretty unusual.
貝蒂:不會吧,真的嗎?那滿不尋常的。
unusual(adj.)不尋常的usual(adj.)常見的
Alan: Yeah, it’s true. She had seven Persian cats, and she wanted to make sure they were taken care of after she passed away.
阿倫:對,是真的。她有七隻波斯貓,她想確保她過世後牠們能被好好照顧。
Persian(adj.)波斯的Persia(n.)波斯Persian rug波斯地毯care(n.)保護、照顧、照料take care of~照顧pass away去世pass out昏倒
Betty: That’s sweet. I guess she really loved her cats.
貝蒂:太貼心了。我猜她真的很愛她的貓。
sweet(adj.)貼心的
Alan: Definitely. She even left a six-figure estate for their care, so they’ll have everything they need.
阿倫:絕對是。她甚至為牠們的照顧留下了一筆六位數的遺產,這樣牠們就會有所需的一切。
Betty: Wow, that’s a lot of money for the cats. I can’t believe they’ve already received 156 adoption requests.
貝蒂:哇,這對貓來說是很大的一筆錢耶。我真不敢相信牠們已經收到了156個領養請求。
they’ve=they havehave or has V.pp現在完成式adoption(n.)adopt(v.)領養、收養request(n.)(v.)請求
Alan: Yeah, it’s crazy. An organization is going through all the applications to find the best homes for them.
阿倫:是啊,太瘋狂了。一個機構正在審查所有申請,好找到最適合牠們的家庭。
organization(n.)組織;機構application(n.)申請
Betty: I hope they find good families who will love and cherish the cats, just like their owner wanted.
貝蒂:我希望牠們能找到好人家,就像牠們的主人所希望的那樣,能愛護和珍惜這些貓。
cherish(v.)珍惜、愛護
Alan: Me too. It’s important to remember that pets are a big responsibility, and it’s great that she had a plan for them.
阿倫:我也是。要記住,養寵物是一個很大的責任,她能為牠們做好規劃真是太棒了。
responsibility(n.)責任
Betty: Absolutely. It’s a win-win situation for both the pets and the families who adopt them.
貝蒂:絕對是的。這對寵物和領養牠們的家庭來說都是雙贏的情況。
a win-win situation雙贏的局面a win-win solution雙贏的解決辦法
Alan: Couldn’t have said it better myself.
阿倫:你說得太好了。