
讓學生作主
Dave is talking to his sister Emilia.
戴夫正在跟姊姊艾米莉亞聊天。
Dave: Hey Emilia! Guess what? Today was “Flip Day” at school!
戴夫:嘿,艾米莉亞!你猜怎麼著?今天是學校的「翻轉日」!
Emilia: Flip Day? What’s that?
艾米莉亞:翻轉日?什麼意思?
Dave: It’s a special day when we choose fun activities instead of regular classes.
戴夫:那是一個特別的日子,我們會選擇有趣的活動來代替正規的課程。
instead of取代、而不是regular(adj.)常規的、正常的
Emilia: That sounds cool! What did you do?
艾米莉亞:聽起來很酷耶!你做了什麼?
Dave: I played a game called “3D Match Match.” We used straws to build things!
戴夫:我玩了一個叫「立體對對碰」的遊戲。我們用吸管來做各種東西!
be動詞+V-p.p.被動語態straw(n.)吸管、稻草
Emilia: Really? What did you make?
艾米莉亞:真的嗎?你做了什麼?
Dave: A windmill and a little boat. My friends made pyramids!
戴夫:一座風車,還有一艘小船!我朋友還做了金字塔喔!
pyramid(n.)金字塔
Emilia: That’s so creative. Did you learn anything?
艾米莉亞:好有創意喔!你有學到什麼嗎?
creative(adj.)有創意的creative thinking創意思維
Dave: Yeah! I learned about shapes and how boats can move with water power.
戴夫:有啊!我學到不同的形狀,還有船怎麼靠水動力前進!
shape(n.)形狀、外形in the shape of呈……的形狀
Emilia: Were your teachers there?
艾米莉亞:老師有參加嗎?
Dave: Some were, but high school students and parents led most activities. Even our principal joined the games!
戴夫:有一些啦,但大部分是高中生還有爸爸媽媽來帶活動。我們校長也有一起玩!
lead(v.)帶領、領導lead sb. to VR帶領某人做~lead sb. to (place)帶領某人去某地even(adv.)甚至
Emilia: Wow, that sounds fun. Would you do it again?
艾米莉亞:哇,聽起來好好玩。你還想再參加一次嗎?
Dave: For sure! But just once in a while — I still like my normal classes.
戴夫:想啊!但偶爾就好啦,我還是喜歡平常上的課。
definitely(adv.)當然once in a while偶爾normal(adj.)平常的、通常的