
停止頻繁開關
Leo and Molly are a couple. They are talking about saving money.
里歐和茉莉是一對夫妻。他們在討論如何省錢。
be Ving=現在進行式
Molly: We need to do something about our energy bills.
茉莉:我們得對我們的能源帳單採取一些行動了。
do something about=對某事物採取作為energy(n.) 能量、能源bill(n.)帳單
Leo: Yeah, our air conditioner has been working non-stop.
里歐:是啊,我們的冷氣總是不停地在運作。
have(has) +p.p.=現在完成式non-stop(adv.)不間斷地constantly(adv.)持續地
Molly: Exactly. Our electricity bill makes up most of our energy expense.
茉莉:沒錯。我們的電力帳單佔了我們能源開銷的絕大部份。
make up=構成、組成expense(n.) 開銷
Leo: But summer in Taiwan is crazy. I don’t think I could live without air conditioning.
里歐:但台灣的夏天真的太熱了。我覺得沒有冷氣我可能沒辦法生活下去。
live without=沒有~便無法存活
Molly: I learned some tips on the news today that may help us save some electricity.
茉莉:我今天在新聞上學到一些秘訣,可能能幫我們省下一些電。
Leo: I’m all ears.
里歐:我洗耳恭聽。
all ears=洗耳恭聽
Molly: We should stop turning air conditioner on and off all the time. And we should clean the filter more often.
茉莉:我們該停止頻繁開關冷氣。而且我們也該更常清理冷氣濾網。
stop Ving=停止目前在做的事情turn on; turn off=開機、關機all the time=總是filter(n.)濾網、濾芯、濾鏡
Leo: How often should we clean it?
里歐:我們多久該清理一次?
How often…?=多久...一次?
Molly: Once every two weeks. Another tip is opening the window to let the heat in the room out. And then you can turn on the air con.
茉莉:每兩週一次。另一個訣竅是先開窗戶讓房間的熱氣散出,然後再開冷氣。
let sth out=讓~出去air con= air conditioner簡稱
Leo: I never knew that. Anything else?
里歐:我從不知道我該這麼做。還有嗎?
Molly: Well, make sure to adjust the air con vent up. Last but not least, close the curtains to block sunlight.
茉莉:嗯,記得將冷氣出風口往上調整。最後一項,拉上窗簾來阻擋陽光。
adjust(v.)調整vent(n.)出風口curtain(n.)窗簾block(v.)阻擋
Leo: We should try these tips right away.
里歐:我們該立刻試試這些訣竅。
right away=馬上、即刻