
台南安平的約會
Mitch and Hannah are talking about their plan for the Double Tenth Day long weekend.
米奇和漢娜正在討論他們國慶連假的計劃。
the Double Tenth Day雙十節、double(adj.)雙重的、national day國慶日
Mitch: Do you want to go see the fireworks this year on Double Tenth Day?
米奇:你今年想去看國慶煙火嗎?
Hannah: Sure. Where will the firework display take place this year? We can’t miss out on the show again.
漢娜:當然,今年煙火在哪裡舉行?我們今年不能再錯過了。
take place發生、舉行、主動、也可以說be held來表示舉行miss out錯過
Mitch: On Yuguang Island.
米奇:在漁光島。
Hannah: Where is that?
漢娜:那是哪裡?
Mitch: It’s an island close to Anping Harbor in Tainan. I thought you’ve been to Tainan like hundreds of times.
米奇:台南安平港附近的一個小島。你不是去過台南好幾次了。
close to靠近、接近harbor(n.)港口、a fishing harbor漁港hundreds of times幾百次、很多次
Hannah: I’ve never heard of it.
漢娜:我從沒聽說過。
hear of sth.聽過
Mitch: We should definitely go. It is also a perfect place to watch the sunset.
米奇:那我們更應該去。那裡也可以看無敵夕陽美景。
Hannah: Would it be hot?
漢娜:會很熱嗎?
Mitch: There are also many forest trails on the island.
米奇:島上有許多森林步道。
forest trail森林步道、小徑
Hannah: Perfect! We could spend the whole evening there.
漢娜:太好了!我們整個傍晚都可以在那裡度過。
spend(v.)度過