
小狗遇到危險
One morning in a quiet neighborhood, Amy and Sam noticed smoke coming from their neighbor’s house.
在一個安靜的社區早晨,艾咪和山姆發現鄰居的房子正在冒煙。
neighborhood(n.)社區smoke(n.)煙
Amy: Sam! Look! Smoke is coming from Mr. Lee’s house! The kitchen is on fire!
艾咪:山姆!看!李先生的房子冒煙了!廚房著火了!
on fire著火
Sam: Oh no! Are the people home?
山姆:糟糕!他們人在家嗎?
Amy: I don’t think so. I knocked, but no one answered.
艾咪:我想不在家。我敲門了,但沒人回應。
knock(v.)敲(門)answer(v.)回應
Sam: We must call the fire department right now!
山姆:我們現在就要呼叫消防隊!
fire department消防局、消防隊
Amy: Good idea! I will call 119.
艾咪:好主意!我來打119。
Sam: Wait! I hear barking! The dog is inside!
山姆:等等!我聽到狗叫聲!狗還在裡面!
barking(n.)狗吠聲、狗叫聲/bark(v.)吠叫bark up the wrong tree找錯對象inside(adv.)在裡面/outside(adv.)在外面
Amy: Oh no! We have to save Max before the smoke gets worse!
艾咪:糟糕!我們得在濃煙變得更大之前救出麥克斯!
save(v.)拯救、節省、儲蓄、保存worse(adj.)更糟的(bad比較級)
Sam: Be careful! I see a window. Let’s open it slowly.
山姆:小心!我看到一個窗戶,我們慢慢打開它吧。
be careful小心watch out小心(更口語)
Amy: Max! Come here! Good boy! Don’t be scared!
艾咪:麥克斯!過來!乖孩子!不要害怕!
scared(adj.)害怕的be scared of…害怕~/be scared by被~嚇到
Sam: He is safe now. Thank God!
山姆:他現在安全了。謝天謝地!
safe from…免於~的危險
Amy: The firemen are here. They will put out the fire and check the house.
艾咪:消防員來了。他們會把火撲滅,並檢查房子。
put out撲滅(火)、把~熄滅
Sam: I am glad Max is safe. What a brave little dog!
山姆:我很高興麥克斯沒事。真是一隻勇敢的小狗!
brave(adj.)勇敢的What a(n) adj. N.! 感嘆句
Amy: Me too! Max is so lucky!
艾咪:我也是!麥克斯真幸運!